• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shotgun wraps/skins

That sucks dude. Hopefully they'll just send you out a new set and let you keep that one. Shipping it back might be a waste of time and money.

Yup.

I already cut the one they sent, so sending it back isn't an option. If they sent me another one for the other side, then I'm good. If not, I'll just pull off the one side I have done and chalk it up as a learning experience...

Where did you get this? Overall I'm happy with mine. I shot it once since and it held up fine. I haven't gotten it dirty or wet yet, though.

Yes, you use either in order to relax the vinyl and allow it to lay correctly. My problem was that once I got the vinyl heated it would either double over on itself because it got too soft, or before I put the hair dryer down it got too cool and wouldn't conform. Either way, once I would get it to stick it would cool and peel itself back off, hence the relief cuts I made.
I should also add that I applied this on a cold winter day, after dark, in my house which I keep at like 62. Plus the furniture was cold.
I would certainly suggest doing this on a hot, sunny summer day in direct sunlight to allow the vinyl to relax as much as possible. In that case you probably wouldn't need the heat gun.
Might have been a pain, but it looks great ScottyB.

Always been curious about the shotgun wraps...really hesitant to spend the money just in case it goes sideways.

Thanks for posting up. I'll be looking forward to seeing your progress too LES...

Where did you get this? Overall I'm happy with mine. I shot it once since and it held up fine. I haven't gotten it dirty or wet yet, though.

Ordered it direct from GunSkins.com.

Still haven't heard anything from them, but I'll keep you posted...

Just got a response from Mr. Lyon at Gun Skins.

He explained that they are in the process of transitioning their Gear Skin pattern to the 8"x50" dimensions and had not yet updated their site. He is sending me a second sheet so I will have enough material to finish my project. Already got the shipping notification and tracking number. Looks like my frown is turned upside down and we can put a score on the board for Gun Skins customer service.

Nicely done Mr. Lyon...

Glad hear of good CS...lookin forward to seeing the finished product!!

No it is not and thank you Sir.

I already messed with it a bit. Flat surfaces are a breeze, but corners with rounded edges take a bit of work. There is no pattern even close to the AICS, so I'm starting with a rectangle and I can tell you already the thumbhole is gonna be a pain in the @$$. I think the key is going to be to cut it into multiple sections rather than try to do too much at once...

Finished applying the A-TACS FG wrap on my AICS chassis.

Covered the scope with one of their Scope Skins as well. Gonna post up some pics after I snap some outdoor shots tomorrow. I didn't make it all the way through before I needed that drink. A couple glasses of Jack made the rest go a bit smoother...

Wow dude...that actually looks really good man...

Back