• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shotguns: non-Mossberg

harrington & richardson

so my older brother just gave me our gramps 12 g. single shot shotgun. i'm wondering if anyone else has one? i called up h&r today and asked them if they could tell me more about it, but they only could tell me it was made around 1940. and they do not sell parts or manuals for it. he couldn't even tell me the model name? topper or pardner. no clue. i've even looked this morning on the internet and i couldn't find much of anything that looks like the one i have.

A259057 is on the left side.

30" barrel (actually 29-5/8" long)

i'll take some pix and load em up in a few....

Re: harrington & richardson

Ei9czl.jpg

6NvLsl.jpg

ptJvYl.jpg

i took the copper banding off...

and the number A259057 is just behind the trigger...

I will do a little research and see if I can help find out some more information about your Harrington & Richardson.

cool beans...thanx again.

and if you need different angles of the gun in the pics let me know as well.

Looks like you've got yourself an H&R Topper m48.

My Pops has one that belonged to my grandad. It's in great condition too, solid as a rock.

do you have any pics of it?
does it look like mine?
do you know the model?

Don't have any pics, but it looks EXACTLY like yours.

Model is TOPPER M48.

This was by far the most prevalent of the H&R production models back in the 40s.

sweet.

thank you L.E.S.
much appreciated...

how do i check to see if the barrel is bent? it looks straight, but it could be my imagination. i was thinking of getting a metal straight edge. i have a couple laying around. is that going to tell me anything? or do i need a special tool to go inside the barrel?

That might work for larger bends but to check it right and detect slight bends it needs to be done from the inside. There are a couple methods for this but not really for the DIY’r. All my experience is with rifle barrels but it should all be the same. The simple method is done with a “plug” that goes inside the muzzle end with a small hole drilled in it precisely center running the same direction as the bore. Hold it up to the light and look through it from the chamber end. This produces a series on shadows in the form of rings that run down the entire bore. When you close one eye you take away the depth and the rings form what looks like a target with the hole in the end plug being the bullseye. If it looks like a perfect bullseye it is straight. If the rings are closer to each other on the right side of the target and further apart on the left side then the barrel is bent to the right and so on. Straightening needs to be done in special press that can make slight bends on long cylindrical objects…….guess I could have just said take it to a gunsmith

ok..i brought it to my local gun shop...he checked it out...

nice and straight...

thank you again all...

Re: New 12g AR15 Style Shotgun From RAA MKA-1919

and I still havent met a gun I didnt like

Looks pretty damn SWEET!

....... looks like the anti-gun folks will have another model to throw on the list of 'evil' shotguns. I wonder how long it'll take for them to aim the 'ban hammer' at this one?

Yea I am sure this one will make the list pretty quickly. This shotgun is going to change the 3 gun community with out a doubt!

Glad I bought my Saiga 12GA when I did, the price has almost doubled since I bought it over 2 months ago..

As has been said, this one will get the attention of the BATF in no time and prices will soar. I'm happy with my Saiga 12 for now...

Holy Smokes I'm going to need one of those eventually!

Back