• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Show off your Mossberg Tactical .22!!!

Re: New paint!!!

OkieOutlaw said:
Well the weather warmed up today except for the wind. lol. It always blows here in southern OK. After I returned from my morning squirrel hunt I decided it was time to make her look like a hunting rifle so I rounded up the Krylon Fusion paint ( OD Green & Brown as she is already a nice flat black color) I went to work on her. I think she turned out pretty good for the 90 mile an hour wind. ;)
s3010030.jpg

Well, it's not so much that it blows in OK. It's more that it sucks in Texas. :lol:

(Sorry, just....could....not....resist!)

We love Texas!

Hey guys fng to this forum I converted my carry handle to a flat but I can't get the pics to upload. Any ideas?

I finished this morning getting the rail riser to fit as snug as possible but it is level and does not move this is the best i could do for pics files are too big
IMAG0759.jpg

Ryan1904 said:
btucker2003 said:
nynyny6u.jpg

Can someone shed some light on the suppressor shown here? Fake, real? How to mount? I like the look of this with it on... TIA

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Fake supressor from http://www.tacticalinc.com/fake-suppres ... 21_23.html

Easy to mount, just remove your flash hider then thread the can on.

How easy is it to remove the flash hider? Seems like it's on there pretty good?!

Test run. Trying to see if I can get an image to actually load up...

EDIT: TRYING TO GET AN IMAGE TO POST. WILL CONTINUE TO EDIT UNTIL I GET IT TO WORK.

OK, I FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT. Hooah!
Ok, the image in the last post was to test. But I did attach my CIB to my rifle. But I have since removed it. And will post that image in a bit. But since I got this working, I'm going to show off my mag adaption. Magpul is great stuff, but the ranger plate doesn't work on this guy, and the ranger bands don't either due to the follower... So I made an edit. I took the mag apart to inspect it, and found a hollow spot that didn't do anything, so I drilled a hole into the mag. Then I looped some 550into it.

First half of the paint job. Base coat is on everything. As soon as I get the scope in I will base coat it and then get it all finished up. I live in southern Arkansas so about 80% of the year everything is dry and brown, so a dessert scheme does well. I have some thatch and thorns to use for my stencil when I get down to it. I seriously can't wait so I can take it back out and have a nice day of taking it very slow zeroing in.

This is my first post but I have been browsing the forum for a few weeks. I would like to say thank you for all the information I pulled off of this forum. Anyways here is my newly painted tac 22.
tac22.jpg

Rkillion said:
OK, I FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT. Hooah!
Ok, the image in the last post was to test. But I did attach my CIB to my rifle. But I have since removed it. And will post that image in a bit. But since I got this working, I'm going to show off my mag adaption. Magpul is great stuff, but the ranger plate doesn't work on this guy, and the ranger bands don't either due to the follower... So I made an edit. I took the mag apart to inspect it, and found a hollow spot that didn't do anything, so I drilled a hole into the mag. Then I looped some 550into it.

Nicely done Sir...

Rkillion said:
First half of the paint job. Base coat is on everything. As soon as I get the scope in I will base coat it and then get it all finished up. I live in southern Arkansas so about 80% of the year everything is dry and brown, so a dessert scheme does well. I have some thatch and thorns to use for my stencil when I get down to it. I seriously can't wait so I can take it back out and have a nice day of taking it very slow zeroing in.

It's coming along great. Lookin forward to seeing it finished...

btucker2003 said:
Ryan1904 said:
btucker2003 said:
nynyny6u.jpg

Can someone shed some light on the suppressor shown here? Fake, real? How to mount? I like the look of this with it on... TIA

Fake supressor from http://www.tacticalinc.com/fake-suppres ... 21_23.html

Easy to mount, just remove your flash hider then thread the can on.

How easy is it to remove the flash hider? Seems like it's on there pretty good?!

Easy, I did it by myself with a good size crescent wrench. I set the rifle on the kitchen counter with the barrel hanging off. I put all my weight on the receiver with one hand and cranked the flash hider counter clockwise. However, I did heat it up with a propane torch prior to wrenching but didn't get it very hot. Just enough to loosen things up. It was barely hot to the touch. Good luck!

I finally finished the paint job...

I have to find a better camera than my phone. The lighting abilities of it makes my rifle look almost white.

Back