• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

SHUTDOWN!

GunnyGene

Racist old man
BANNED
Now the fun begins. If it lasts, y'all planning on hunting Federal land for deer this season, best make alternate plans. I'll be making a quick trip to the Commissary this morning to pick up a few things. They're staying open for a few hours today to clear out perishables, etc.

We'll see how it pans out. I am starting to think the Republicans will cave in. The want to stop the individual option for Obamacare and that starts today. They have already lost that battle but they have painted themselves into a corner too. Maybe letting the train wreck that is Obamacare start should help them in the next two elections. People will realize how bad it is, how much more it costs and how many lies we were told about it.

Since a new budgeting process was put into place in 1976, the U.S. government has shut down 17 times. Presidents Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan each dealt with six shutdowns during their terms in office, lasting anywhere from one day to 2 1/2 weeks.

The last actual shutdown came in 1996 — though the government came close during budget negotiations in 2011.

The leaders need to be locked in a cave and not let out until they come to an agreement. The Dems are no better forcing something that a majority of the country doesn't want down our throats...the ACA has some good points but they are heavily out weighted by the bad. It starts today and still no one knows what it is going to do or how it is going to work. Glitches, Obama? You're dealing with people's health, you moron...

OhioArcher said:
Glitches, Obama? You're dealing with people's health, you moron...

This should be tattoo'd on his forehead backwards so every time he looks in the mirror he can be reminded.

OhioArcher said:
The leaders need to be locked in a cave and not let out until they come to an agreement. The Dems are no better forcing something that a majority of the country doesn't want down our throats...the ACA has some good points but they are heavily out weighted by the bad.

According to the leader, the majority of Americans want this as it was affirmed by his reelection and SCOTUS. Personally I don't know of anyone that is for the AFA. In fact the citizens of Massachusetts elected a Republican to Ted Kennedy's old seat just to stop it. On the other hand, the Republican's had 8 years before Obama to address the out of control medical costs and insurance industry and they sat on their thumbs. Unfortunately the AFA will not address these issues either.

It's just another fork in the bankrupting of the country.

So who's getting the shaft in this? The little guy. Farmers, consumers, people who rely on WIC, etc. In addition to the above, USDA and FDA are about 90% shut down. We're all concerned with Food and Drug safety, right?. Well guess what:

USDA's inspection services rely on fees while FDA relies on appropriations. Food Safety News reports, "FDA will be unable to support the majority of its food safety, nutrition and cosmetics activities."

http://www.dtnprogressivefarmer.com/dtn ... ride=false

GunnyGene said:
oli700 said:
GunnyGene said:
If it lasts, y'all planning on hunting Federal land for deer this season, best make alternate plans.
:?:

All BLM land (264 million acres of it) are closed. No hunting, no fishing, no hiking, no nuttin, until this govt shut down ends.

wwwthewildlifenews.com/2013/09/30/shutdown-public-lands/

Last I heard, it's not the kings deer and it may be the indian in me, but I do not feel inclined to ask their permission to hunt nor their blessings to do so either.

Would be fun to watch them try to stop a bunch of hillbillies from hunting though. :lol: Really, it would. :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's rich.

If you can't tell, tears are streaming down my cheeks from laughing so hard. :lol:

I know where I'm hunting this weekend and it will be either rather quiet, OR, it will be standing room only. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shit, my sides are hurting.

John A. said:
Last I heard, it's not the kings deer and it may be the indian in me, but I do not feel inclined to ask their permission to hunt nor their blessings to do so either.

Would be fun to watch them try to stop a bunch of hillbillies from hunting though. :lol: Really, it would. :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's rich.

If you can't tell, tears are streaming down my cheeks from laughing so hard. :lol:

I know where I'm hunting this weekend and it will be either rather quiet, OR, it will be standing room only. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shit, my sides are hurting.

I doubt the pot farmers are going to pay much attention to this either. ;)

These WWII vets storm the beach at the WWII Memorial :) :)

NUVICTORY_20131001_125129.jpg

What was meant to be a final gathering of heroes Tuesday instead became a final victory for dozens of World War II combat vets who refused to let the government's budget battle block a visit to their memorial in the nation's capital.

With bagpipers playing "Amazing Grace," nearly 200 veterans from Mississippi and Iowa swept past barricades and security guards at the World War II Memorial in Washington in order to keep a commitment to visit the site, which was closed today due to the partial government shutdown. The veterans, in their 80s and 90s, were accompanied by Rep. Steven Palazzo, R-Miss., a former Marine who earlier vowed not to let the National Park Police keep them from a planned visit to the open-air monument.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/10/01/gr ... eir-honor/

This shutdown was completely preventable. It should not have happened. And the House of Representatives can end it as soon as it follows the Senate's lead, and funds your work in the United States Government without trying to attach highly controversial and partisan measures in the porcess

Sorry It took me a few times to get through the whole letter... but I can tell you it's some of the biggest crock of shit I've seen as of yet. Correct me if I'm wrong, but has any other president in history played such a blame game... and so publically at that??? No words can really discribe how I felt while reading it.... :evil:

aksavanaman said:
This shutdown was completely preventable. It should not have happened. And the House of Representatives can end it as soon as it follow the Senate's lead, and funds your work in the United States Government wihtout trying to attach highly controversial and partisan measures in the porcess

Sorry It took me a few times to get through the whole letter... but I can tell you it's some of the biggest crock of shit I've seen as of yet. Correct me if I'm wrong, but has any other president in history played such a blame game... and so publically at that??? No words can really discribe how I felt while reading it.... :evil:

This is about who (partisan politics) wins and who loses. It has zero to do with what's best for the country. As I mentioned in another post there's some special levels for all of them:

Obama's retirement home will be the 9th circle of Dante's inferno:

Bolgia 9: In the ninth Bolgia, a sword-wielding demon hacks at the Sowers of Discord, dividing parts of their bodies as in life they divided others. As they make their rounds the wounds heal, only to have the demon tear apart their bodies again.
discord.jpg

And:

He will be neighbors with the corrupt politicians in Congress:

Bolgia 5: Corrupt politicians (barrators) are immersed in a lake of boiling pitch, which represents the sticky fingers and dark secrets of their corrupt deals.

simonists.jpg

GunnyGene said:
oli700 said:
GunnyGene said:
If it lasts, y'all planning on hunting Federal land for deer this season, best make alternate plans.
:?:

All BLM land (264 million acres of it) are closed. No hunting, no fishing, no hiking, no nuttin, until this govt shut down ends.

http://www.thewildlifenews.com/2013/09/ ... lic-lands/
lol, ok....and back to reality 50,000 deer were killed today on public (blm) land. How do you suppose they will keep people from walking onto public land ?

oli700 said:

http://www.thewildlifenews.com/2013/09/ ... lic-lands/
lol, ok....and back to reality 50,000 deer were killed today on public (blm) land. How do you suppose they will keep people from walking onto public land ?

Fish and game SWAT teams leaping out of Blackhawks based on satellite IR surveillance and NSA intel. Don't laugh, they have all of it. And do you think all of those eagles, squirrels, etc. are biological organisms? ;) Check 'em for cameras. Smokey has a cell phone. :shock:

I killed a squirrel one time and I could've sworn it had a zoom lens in its' butt.

Or was that something else coming out of there? :shock:

:lol:

Back