• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Sig pistol brace on a 715P?

mig1nc

.22LR
Anybody know if you can put a Sig pistol brace on a 715P?

I'm guessing you would just need the "tactical stock assembly" parts from the 715 carbine and just grind off the slither stock guide rail.

Haven't handled a 715P yet, so I'm not sure if the shell will even accept a buffer tube.

However, if you're determined to fit a $140 accessory to a shortened $120 plinker in a plastic shell I'm sure there's a way...

Seems like a reasonable way to make a pseudo-sbr .22LR AR-style pistol on the cheap :)

Sig sells a factory .22 with the SPB but it's like $500+

After taking a closer look at some 715P photos it looks like the shell's rear end cap is removable.

If that's the case, and there are threads under the cap, you should be able to install a buffer tube. Instead of wasting time and energy modifying a carbine buffer tube, do yourself a favor and use an AR pistol buffer tube. Phase 5 Tactical makes a pistol tube that is directly compatible with the SIG brace. This will save you time and effort as well as help to avoid any potential legal issues associated with purchasing a rifle buffer tube assembly with the "intent" of installing it on a pistol thereby manufacturing an unregistered SBR. You and I know that's not what you're doing, but the Feds don't see it that way. Simply owning a pistol and the parts to convert it to an SBR can land you in some serious trouble.

Personally, I think the SIG brace is a useless novelty that serves no purpose other than being a really expensive way to make a pistol look like an SBR. The Phase 5 pistol buffer tube I referenced earlier in the post is a simple and functional way to utilize an AR pistol to its potential. Here's one mounted on my 5.56 pistol...

The tube itself runs about $50 and will give you every bit of function and performance you'd get with the SIG brace. Just my $.02 for what it's worth to you...

Yeah, I wonder if anybody has one of these things and can check to see if it has standard AR threads.

I have an SBR for home defense, but don't want to do the hassle or expense for a plinker. Even though form-1 times are down to under a month now with e-file.

If you already have the SBR, why not run a .22lr conversion?

$200 for the conversion bolt and mags and you're done. Bravo, Black Dog, CMMG, there are a lot of options out there these days. There are even complete, dedicated .22lr uppers out there that can be had for what it would cost you to rig up a 715P with the SIG brace.

If you haven't been through the 715T sub-forum already, take some time to read through the troubleshooting threads before you make a decision to buy...

No, the 715P does not accept any buffer tube a it does not have thread back there. I am, however trying to see how to get a 715T stock but Mossberg doesn't sell them and everywhere else the process are off the wall. The 715P is delicate and not much alteration is needed but style is a factor in the gun world today making the 715P dwindle down to last when it comes to customization but I have forms ways to Jimmy mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back