• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Sight adapter for vent rib barrels?

Rossignol

The Original Sheriff
Global Moderator
Sponsor
@OR3GUN
I saw on your site you have an adapter that fits vent rib barrels so that any sights that fit a Glock can be used on the rib.

Do you have any other photos? I'm interested. In my search for a potential auto loader, one of the things I dislike most are the sights. What I like best by far are the 3 dot fiber optics on my 835 and your solution intrigues me.

Thanks in advance!

I apologize, when I first looked, the page didn't load completely. I just went and looked again and found the pics and video.

I'm in love with this design! Will this work on the 835 vent rib too? I have a Meprolight tritium front sight on my 500 which I've had need of at night but since working more with the 835, I'd like to be able to grab that instead and I prefer the 3 dot rifle sight set up. But fiber optic pipes are no good in the dark when eyes are looking back at me.

I'm really excited now to even be considering a 930 that wasn't on my radar a week ago!

Here's a picture of the front with a couple of different Glock sight possibilities:

SightSaddle-Configurations.jpg

For daylight matches, I personally run a .215 height Hi-Viz with interchangeable fibers.

For night matches, I run a .220 height Ameriglo Pro Glo Green (night sight with their glow-in-the-dark ring around the tritium vial).

For day/night combo matches where you can't change sights, I run an Ameriglo Pro Glo Orange (night sight w/ orange ring around it).

This is the rear sight that is run with each of these.

SightSaddle-Rear-Large.jpg

The vent rib has to be drilled and tapped for this sight unless you have an existing mid-bead position.

If you're looking for a fiber optic rear, we've successfully used the TruGlo Magnum Gobble Dot's rear and the OR3GUN Sight Saddle up front. The TruGlo is magnetic and wraps around the vent rib, so it won't disappear on you either. You can remove the front sight saddle and slide the rear on.

SightSaddle-Mossberg-500-ProGlo-TruGlo.jpg

Hope that help!

-William

http://www.OR3GUN.com

The info definitely helps, though I may pick your brain more if/when this comes to fruition.

My 835 does have a mid bead space though it isn't used for the rear sight.

But I'm curious now, does the JM Pro have a mid bead position or does it need to be drilled?

Thanks for the quick response!

The JM Pro would have to be drilled as there is no mid bead. I set the rear sight where I get the right amount of daylight around the front sight and mark it with an automatic punch. MidwayUSA sells the 5-40 tap for around $2 and the matching bit for about the same.

-William

http://www.OR3GUN.com

And by automatic punch you mean the spring loaded center punch?

Back