• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Sightmark Mini Shot Holographic Reflex Sight Review

LAZY EYED SNIPER

Overwatch
Global Moderator
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Just installed a receiver rail and a Sightmark Mini Shot holographic reflex sight on the 590. Picked it up for $80 w/free shipping at opticsplanet.com.

The Sightmark series of reflex sights are designed to create a lightweight, yet accurate, sight. Sightmark reflex sights are able to handle heavy recoil, will stay zeroed in longer than competitor’s reflex sights and are perfect for shotguns, pistols and rifles. The Mini Shot™ is the most compact in the Sightmark line; it is lightweight and extremely accurate for its miniature size. This reflex sight features a 3 MOA illuminated dot reticle and is useful for most any application from close quarter combat situations to hunting. The Mini-Shot’s compact size makes it perfect for use with handguns and shotguns; which can then be utilized for home defense, target shooting, or turkey hunting. To create the ultimate weapon, mount the Mini Shot alongside a riflescope in order to quickly acquire targets at close distances while utilizing the riflescope to engage targets at long range.

Features
Precision Accuracy
Reliable and Durable
Wide Field of View
Quick Target Aquisition
Perfect for Rapid Fire or Moving Target Shooting
Single Reticle*
Parallax Corrected
Unlimited Eye Relief
Weaver Mount
Lightweight
Water Resistant
Shockproof
Low Power Consumption
3 MOA Dot

Specifications

Magnification: 1x
Objective: 23mm x 16mm
Field of View: 15.7m @100m
Eye Relief: Infinite
Coating: AR Red
Water Resistant: Yes
Reticle: single (3 MOA dot)
MOA Adjustment: 1 (one click)
Battery: 1 (One) CR2032 3V Lithium
Battery Life: 2 Hours
Brightness Settings: N/A
Max Recoil: Up to .50 caliber
Construction: Aircraft-grade Aluminum
Operating Temperature: -10°C to 50°C
Dimensions (in): 8.13x1.0x1.4
Weight (oz): 2.4

Included in Package
Rubber Lens Cap
Adjustment Tools
Battery
Limited Lifetime Warranty

Initial impressions:

This thing is tiny! It seems very well built despite its size and the 3 MOA dot is VERY crisp. The two brightness settings make for quick adjustment depending on your lighting conditions. It has a light censor that when you put the hood on, switches the optic into sleep mode.

http://www.sightmark.com/products/refle ... ht-sm13001

Gonna take it out in the morning to get it zeroed. I'll post pics and a full review tomorrow...

Re: Sightmark Mini Shot Reflex Sight Review

Lookin forward to it man!

Yea SNIPER ...interested in how it performs...let us know bro !!

Here are some pics of the Mini Shot mounted...

As for performance, this thing is a little beast!

What it lacks in size it more than makes up in results on target. Windage and elevation adjustments are made with a small screwdriver. Took me about five shots to get her dialed in and I was punching holes where I wanted em in no time. Here's one of my 50 yard targets using Centurion 2.75 inch, 1 1/8 oz slugs. Ten rounds went into this one...

Put 50 rounds down range today with no movement or vibration in the optic or mount. I highly recommend the Sightmark Mini Shot to anyone looking for a great, affordable reflex red dot.

I don’t think you will be taking it off anytime soon,I have been using a micro reflex 5 moa green dot for over a year and many many rounds and like it better than ghost rings. It is faster than ghost rings for me and as fast as a bead but I like putting the floating green dot on the target better than the sight picture a bead provides me personally. All these little micros seem to be the same housing with slight variations. So yours should fit all the Burris Fastfire 2 bases like the rest of these micro’s....and the centurions always treated me right, just stay on top of the leading, they leave lead bad

The specs say battery life of two hours. I find that hard to believe????

I have had a Jpoint reflex sight for the last 10 years. The Jpoint does not have a power switch and stays on ALL THE TIME. It does dim the laser when the hood is on but it never turns off. I am on my second CR2032 battery and I do believe my first battery lasted 6 years of continuous running. I paid $80 for it ten years ago and I see the same unit is now $255ish, much like the leopold, burris and many other reflex lights that look like the same unit.

My reflex light has been the best $80 I ever spent for an optic and I have never had a problem. It stays on my slabside 22/45 so I hope yours last as long and the price is definately right. Can you confirm that yours is still on after two hours please? Might sound strange but can you take it into a totally dark location and remove the lense cover to see if the laser stays on like mine does? There must be a misprint on the battery life of only two hours.

d8486476.jpg

f2948744.jpg

Mine has an off switch with two brightness settings and the laser does turn completely off...

Dude! Nice little sight! I'm kinda questioning that big Bushnell I have on mine now... The reflex sights offer a better field of vision by far and the micros are a much lower profile too.

I hate not having a good cheek weld, especially with full power slugs.

Thanks for the write up!

Rossignol said:
Dude! Nice little sight! I'm kinda questioning that big Bushnell I have on mine now... The reflex sights offer a better field of vision by far and the micros are a much lower profile too.

I hate not having a good cheek weld, especially with full power slugs.

Thanks for the write up!

No problem,

I love this little thing. It's great for quick target acquisition and allows for both eyes open shooting. I'm very pleased with it so far...

Thanks for the review, I've been eye balling one of these for a while...Don't want to spend the major coin for a C-More for my 22/45 and need a better field of view then my current Sig Red Dot.

Keep us informed after some long term shooting.

It's still runnin like a champ!

Had it on the 930 for a while, but it's back on the 590 now. No idea how many hundreds of rounds I've sent down range with this thing mounted, but it's gotta be approaching 700-800 or so. Still works as well as it did brand new...

thanks for the reply, LES. i think i'll try to get a hold of one of these until the primary arms rds comes into stock. :twisted:

Back