• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

SILVER RESERVE II QUESTIONS

seaknight

Copper BB
Good Morning Folks, I recently purchased a Silver Reserve II (model 75444) 12 gauge O/U for skeet and sporting clays. I have read some reviews on this line of shotguns on other sites and I am a bit worried about the reputation that this shotgun has. Has anyone experienced anything bad with their Silver Reserve shotguns? Your honest opinions will be greatly appreciated.

seaknight said:
Good Morning Folks, I recently purchased a Silver Reserve II (model 75444) 12 gauge O/U for skeet and sporting clays. I have read some reviews on this line of shotguns on other sites and I am a bit worried about the reputation that this shotgun has. Has anyone experienced anything bad with their Silver Reserve shotguns? Your honest opinions will be greatly appreciated.

welcome from NY and congrats on your new mossy. i don't own a Silver Reserve II,,,but
i'm sure one of the Silver Reserve II owners will chime in and be able to answer your questions.
also check the sub forums on your o/u.
viewforum.php?f=21

My buddy has one. I'm pretty sure it's the II. Its the field model. As far as I know he loves it, it has the same problems that any modest break action will have (hard to break when dirty). The biggest problem he has is that when you break it if you push the switch too far it won't cock. I don't know why, but that was an issue. The only other problem I have with it was that the trigger pull feels like it's about half an inch. Over all, even though it's foreign made, it's not at all a bad shotgun.

I am new to the site and doing my research thing. It started looking for info on the SA-20.
I am doing the research on getting the "Mossberg Silver Reserve II Over / Under 12/20 Gauge Barrels. Fifty~ years ago I have a Charles Daly in 20 Gauge and I shot skeet with it. I loved the 20 gauge so the 12/20 seems a perfect fit.

I am new to the site and doing my research thing. It started looking for info on the SA-20.
I am doing the research on getting the "Mossberg Silver Reserve II Over / Under 12/20 Gauge Barrels. Fifty~ years ago I have a Charles Daly in 20 Gauge and I shot skeet with it. I loved the 20 gauge so the 12/20 seems a perfect fit.

I am doing the same thing, mine is on the way. I had the Charles Daly in 20 gauge and shot Skeet for several years.
I even loaded my own shells.

Back