• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Single point sling mount on m88

408essj

.22LR
Hello all, new owner of a m88 and have yet to take delivery as its in the ca wait period.

I've already purchased a uag adjustable stock and single point sling.
Has anyone fashioned a similar rig to clip the sling into without having to buy the mesa tac attachment?

Can I just head to the hardware store and find something similar without having to buy a new screw? Is there enough thread on tr stock hardware to add something? I believe the mesa tac piece comes with all new hardware.
I don't have the gun in front of me so I'm just trying to get a few things for when it arrives.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363037310.672673.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363037310.672673.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 416
408essj said:
Hello all, new owner of a m88 and have yet to take delivery as its in the ca wait period.

Has anyone fashioned a similar rig to clip the sling into without having to buy the mesa tac attachment?

Can I just head to the hardware store and find something similar without having to buy a new screw? Is there enough thread on tr stock hardware to add something? I believe the mesa tac piece comes with all new hardware.
I don't have the gun in front of me so I'm just trying to get a few things for when it arrives.

Thanks in advance!

welcome from NY and congrats on your new mav88.
i would wait and get the gun in front of you to see what length screw you will need to make up your own rig from the hardware store. not really sure what your savings would be over the mesa kit.

edit,,,,i take that back,,,,mesa goes for 25. and change. i would take a good look in the hardware store. :)

old mossy said:
408essj said:

Thanks in advance!

welcome from NY and congrats on your new mav88.
i would wait and get the gun in front of you to see what length screw you will need to make up your own rig from the hardware store. not really sure what your savings would be over the mesa kit.

edit,,,,i take that back,,,,mesa goes for 25. and change. i would take a good look in the hardware store. :)
+1 on that for sure!! :eek:

If the desire is strong enough, the designs and custom work can be endless... lol! Yeah I'd rig something up from the hardware store instead... hell, I just might, just to have it available if I want it later. Good luck, and post pics of what you decide. We like pictures :)

Thanks guys!
Yeah hard to justify $25 plus for a piece of metal the size of a dime with two holes in it ;)

Monday when I take delivery i will give it a look over and see if I can fab something up.
Figured maybe there was another member with same idea .

408essj said:
Thanks guys!
Yeah hard to justify $25 plus for a piece of metal the size of a dime with two holes in it ;)

Monday when I take delivery i will give it a look over and see if I can fab something up.
Figured maybe there was another member with same idea .

in all fairness to mesa the kit does come with a new trigger pin and rubber washer.
i still think if you are the slightest bit handy you can make one up. :)

edit,,, just thought of a eye bolt with a shoulder and the correct thread and length.......
better pic,,,,

Attachments

• forged-eye-bolt-with-shoulder-2-dimensions.gif
    forged-eye-bolt-with-shoulder-2-dimensions.gif
    9.4 KB · Views: 351
one other thing to remember,you will be replacing the trigger pin and will wind up with a nut on the other end of the receiver. just something to look at.

Similar style eye bolt, made to almost exact length, nylon washer between shoulder and receiver and again between receiver and nut, and acorn nut... can't catch on anything, and nylon washer would prevent actual "scratching" on either side... :)

Semper Fi my Brothers & Sisters in Arms.

Got the stock, utilizing a hole in the stock for some nylon type cord double knotted to the sling to.. Work ok sturdy as heck.. Gonna cruise over to the hardware store to find some kind of clip loop deal to run through the hole then clip in.

Pick up mossy Monday!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363380155.355642.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363380155.355642.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 318
One more day!
Until then here is closer look at my single point sling solution.

I went to orchard supply while my wife was next door grocery shopping and found a D ring that would work but i have to pry apart to get in the stock holes and it got all miss shapen when closing, I may head to Home Depot and Look for another idea there.
For now my simple nylon link works just fine :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363556087.598414.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363556087.598414.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 301
Back