• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Sling and Scabbard options...

I started off buying the Black-Hawk shotgun sling. You can use the sling hooks IF you either put large "D-Rings" in the swivel attachments or buy front and rear sling plates...It's really a nice sling but attachment points are going to be noisy either way you go. I wound up and put the Black-Hawk sling on the NcStar carbine scabbard I bought, works fine for this. I got to looking for another shotgun sling and finally found something that was more of what I was looking for. It's a "Kley-Zion Quick Adjust Shotgun Sling" ( yea, I've never heard of them either) from Botach. The SKU is KZ-QASS16 and it's $19.95 with free shipping, not fast shipping, but free. You'll need a set of 1 1/4"Q/D swivels if you don't have sling plates but the good thing is the sling doesn't sound like a marching band coming down the street. It has a good quick-adjust system, holds 16 rounds and there is a buttload of strap so you can cut them to fit whatever you put this on. Comes in all the "tacticool" colors and then the plain basic black. The shell holders are as good as the Black-Hawks and they are on the bottom half of the sling instead of the top AND it comes with a removable 9"X2 1/2" shoulder pad ( took this off the KZ and put it on the Black-Hawk sling ). This set up is more of what I was looking for so now I'm good to go on the sling and scabbard shoulder strap ( figured out yet that I'm pretty friggin picky about my gear yet?). Now on to the scabbard part... Bought the Black-Hawk "Breacher" scabbard, nice but I run shotgun cards, a top rail with a Crimson Trace Rail Master and the K/Z sling on my Shockwave...No way all of this will fit the Black-Hawk scabbard. Checked out the other options and wound up getting the NcStar Carbine scabbard. NcStar...Have had some bad and good experiences in the past with NcStar products but it looks like they got this scabbard right. Not cheap nylon but more of a medium weight ballistic nylon, decent padding, plenty of molle attachment points, four extra molle straps, decent stitching and the Q/D gun retention strap actually holds the Shockwave in place while covering the trigger but allowing access to the rear grip. Oh yea, the Shockwave fits with all the "extra" junk I have on it. Not trying to hammer Black-Hawk, I've got a bunch of their gear. It just pays to shop around. The NcStar scabbard also fits my suppressed Zastava PAP AK-47 pistol with the "arm brace" when the scabbard is "unfolded" so it's going to get a lot of use. Haven't tried the AR-15s in it yet...

It all sounds very kewl. It can be difficult to get happy with your gear. Lots of trial and error involved. Time will tell. :)

Back