• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Sling attachment options

kfordric

Copper BB
Hey guys, I'm new here just got a 500A and have a few questions. The 500A combo i got was used but never shot, in great shape just a safe gun. I was going thru it and noticed no threaded take down screws on the barrel for a stud. Is this normal for the older guns? There is a hole but i cant tell it is threaded but its on the bottom of the welded barrel mount. Do i need to just get a new barrel screw? Also for a 2 point sling for hunting is there any options instead of drilling and tapping the wood stock?

The screw on the barrel, or the barrel lug itself should be threaded. I've seen it either location depending on the year of the gun...

Sent from HTC One (M8)

Hey guys, I'm new here just got a 500A and have a few questions. The 500A combo i got was used but never shot, in great shape just a safe gun. I was going thru it and noticed no threaded take down screws on the barrel for a stud. Is this normal for the older guns? There is a hole but i cant tell it is threaded but its on the bottom of the welded barrel mount. Do i need to just get a new barrel screw? Also for a 2 point sling for hunting is there any options instead of drilling and tapping the wood stock?

Welcome to the forum from NY.

The barrel take down screw comes both ways with or without a stud hole. Sounds like your barrel is set up for one.

They make a slip on sling for the stock.

600px-MossbergFrontComparison.jpg
The top gun is what your 500 would be with the stud.

swivel stud 1.jpg
Here's the stud.

sling slip on.jpg
Here's the slip on sling.

They also make a barrel take down screw with a swivel stud.

barrel screw 500.jpg

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Back