• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Sling Attachment Points (SAP's)

Re: Forward Sling Mount Below the Bayonet Lug

Talking about slings, I found an interesting mount the other day. I ordered one and am waiting for it now. It's called the Blue Force Gear Universal Wire Loop Sling Mount. Comes in two sizes and with or without a push button socket.

Blue20Force20Gear20UWL-7.jpg

Blue20Force20Gear20UWL-8.jpg

Blue20Force20Gear20UWL-5.jpg

Blue20Force20Gear20UWL-4.jpg

What do you use on your firearm, be it a Mossberg shotgun or rifle, Remington, M4/AR platform, etc... ?

I have on one OFM shotgun a CDM Gear MT clamp with QD push button 1 1/4" sling swivel. It clamps to the magazine tube (MT) and is on my 590A1.

On another, Allison's 500, we are using the magazine tube plate adapter supplied with the Specter Gear 2 point sling. The strap on the end of the sling is 1", but can be removed and used with a 1 1/4" sling swivel. The other end of the sling is the wrap around style that wraps the stock rather than using the swivel.

Another SAP I use on my 590A1 is the ERGO ambi end plate adapter mounted between the receiver and stock. It has the HK style loops and the single point sling I use there has the ITW MASH hook that works similar to a key ring. The adapter is aluminum and is about 3/16" thick. Thick enough I needed a longer stock bolt which I found at my local hardware store.

One mounting solution I recently became aware of is the Button Sling. It uses a post, which can be purchased for nearly any weapons platform as far as I'm aware, and one sling can easily be transfered from one firearm to the next.

There are so many mounting solutions available, it can def get confusing. I hope we can get some ideas and talk about how we use them to further help our community make educated decisions with regard to their need and specific circumstances.

I use a Magpul ASAP on my carbine...

Designed for use with a single-point sling, the ASAP replaces the standard receiver end plate and offers more than 180 degrees of motion makint it perfect for right or left handed shooters.

I like that alot and wish there was a slimmer profile end plate like that for shotguns as opposed to the 3/16" to 1/4" end plates most commonly used.

This would be an excellent alternative!

Well now that Magpul's getting into shotgun accessories, maybe we'll see a version of their ASAP for Mossbergs somewhere down the road. One can hope anyway...

** I sent an e-mail to Magpul customer support asking if there are plans for Mossberg accessories in the future. Also suggested a version of their ASAP for the 500 platform. We'll see if I here anything back...

I ordered GG&G front and rear sling plates for my 930 SPX and will use an Outdoor Connections SuperSling. It should be a good setup. It will come off the left side of the shotgun and let me use the sling wrapped around my arm for slug use at longer range.

I looked those and really like them, they seem to be rather low profile too, even the ones for the 500/590's.

I'd still like to see an offering like the ASAP set up from Magpul.

Back