• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Sling Confusion

mgrace88

Copper BB
I'm having a very hard time figuring out this sling mount for the ATI Talon 6 position stock (Mossberg 590) . I'm sure I sound very noob-ish but I can't figure out what I need to put a sling on my gun. I bought a cheapo single-point sling on Amazon and want to use it with the installed sling attachment but don't know what to order.

Any comments to get me going in the right direction?

Your Talon should come with a basic sling swivel stud similar to this...

All you need is a sling swivel attachment for the stud...

...and then you're in business...

You can pick up the sling swivel attachments at your local WalMart, BassPro, Cabelas, Dick's Sporting Goods, or a host of on-line shops.

Your height and overall length of the weapon should be taken into consideration when using a single-point set-up with the SAP (sling attachment point) so far back. The rear SAP is usually intended for use in conjunction with a forward sling mount and a two-point sling. Unless you're pretty tall, using the rear position with a single-point could result in the weapon resting far too low. I'm 5'8" and if I used the rear SAP on my 590's 6-POS stock with my single-point sling, the muzzle would be resting on the ground.

Many folks prefer to use single-point slings with a receiver mounted SAP like the one reviewed here...

GG&G Side sling adapter

Using a single-point sling with this type of SAP will keep your 590 at rest higher up at mid-torso with far better control over the weapon...

Back