• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Sling for HS410

Jake2U

.22LR
Hi All,

I'm new to firearms and just purchased my first one -- a Mossberg HS410. Apologies if some of my questions are basic or if I use the wrong terminology.

http://www.mossberg.com/product/shotguns-pump-action-500-special-purpose-500-hs410/50359

I'm taking an NRA course and it was recommended that I have a sling to go with it. Unlike some other models out there, it doesn't seem that the HS410 comes with the mounts to attach a sling. Does anyone know of a compatible sling, and I guess hardware to attach the sling, for the HS410? I guess technically it falls into the Mossberg 500 family, but it's sort of an oddball model, and I can't seem to find much online by way of compatible accessories for it.

Welcome to the forum from NY and congrats on your new Mossy.
You are correct it is a 500E. As far as a sling try walmart or a local gun or sporting goods store.
Depending on what sling you go with they sell the hardware also.

Last edited:
Thanks, Old Mossy. There's a local gun store near the range I'm going to, I'll stop in there to check. Hopefully they will have seen one of these models before and have something to recommend.

Update - I stopped by the local gun store and they did some checking for me . . . unfortunately it seems that there are no slings out there that are compatible with the Mossberg HS410.

Thanks, OldMossy! I'm going to look into that sling. I'm surprised nobody at the local gun shop mentioned it as a possibility . . .

Update: I picked up one of those Quake Claw slings, but unfortunately it doesn't fit well -- the end that goes over the barrel keeps slipping off; I guess maybe they work better with larger shotguns, but not with the HS410.

So, since the HS410 has one sling stud on the butt, I guess I will look into picking up a single-point sling.

On that note, can anyone recommend a good single point sling for a shotgun?

And can you tell me exactly what I need to buy in order to connect it to the stud on the HS410? I know this is a basic question, but I'm a little confused about the terminology of the pieces (swivels etc.) and since I'm stuck in the People's Republik of New Jersey, it's not easy to find a local gun shop to speak with someone about it, and darn near criminal to travel with the firearm around here, so I am doing most of my research and learning online.

This is what the single stud on the stock looks like:

http://cdn2.armslist.com/sites/arms...796_02_mossberg_home_security_410_sho_640.jpg

Any recommendations would be appreciated - thanks!

You need to look at the end of the magazine tube and see if is threaded for a stud. If it is all you need is a threaded stud.

If not thread you will need to change the barrel screw.,,,,,,,,or get a kit.(make sure you get a kit for .410)

Here's a pic,,,,,

barrel screw 500.jpg

swivel stud 1.jpg

swivels 500.jpg

Yeah, the time I took it to the local gun shop, they couldn't find anything to fit the cap on the end of the magazine tube, and basically told me I was out of luck in terms of a two-point sling.

That's why I decided just to look for a single point sling, to connect to the stud that already on the stock of the HS410:

IMG_5073 (2) (800x533).jpg

So I'm just trying to figure out (1) what hardware I need to connect a single point sling to this stud, and (2) what a good single-point sling would be . . .

Last edited:
Update: So after some internet research, I ordered an SOE single point sling, I'll post once I try it and see how it fits on the HS410.

Thanks, everyone, for the responses. I ended up picking up a sling from SOE Tactical, and it works pretty well; I used it for the firearms training class I took the other day. Here's how it looks:

IMG_5077 (1024x683).jpg

That looks like a heck of a good sling.
I have been a big fan of single points for some time.
Watching the video on the link has me now looking at the 2 to 1 convertible model.
Variety is the spice of life...LOL

Back