• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Sling-less

Mossberg 513

Copper BB
Hello everyone.just bought a JM 940 PRO wandering what kind of sling to get or if there is even one for it looked on line didn't really know what to look for brand or type. any suggestions? thanks

Welcome to the forum! That is a great first question!

Do you want to carry your shotgun in the field, muzzle UP and over your shoulder, sort of behind you? Like marching soldiers do.

Or,

Do you want to carry it semi-horizontally across your chest where you can quickly snap it up to your cheek and get on target??

OP, I’m not sure what model you’ve purchased but looking at the 940 on Mossberg’s website I don’t see any sling attachment points on the shotgun. That doesn’t mean you can’t put a sling on it it just means that you will need to get creative.
As nitesite mentioned you need to first decide on the type of sling. Traditional 2 point sling or a single point type of sling.

@Mossburg513

So..... It's now Monday.

Have you had time yet to think about what you want?

BTW, you mis-spelled Mossberg. :)
I seen that but it was to late Ill have to fix it back to the gun it has a hole in the stock but no loop came with it I would like muzzle uo and one that carries shells.sorry for taking so long to get back didnt know how to check replies.

513, adding sling swivels should be no issue once you've decided on the width of your sling. One caution regarding a sling which holds shells. These types of slings really throw the balance of the gun off and impact both your pointing and tracking ability. Plus the balance is constantly changing as you use shell from the sling.

I'd recommend a plain two point sling. The real decision points are the width and if you want it plain or padded.

A pouch on your belt will hold shells but if you want shells on the gun there are several side saddle shellholders available.

Also, welcome to the forum.

Regards

Ok bandolier out. two point wide padded plane sling any certain kind are they different for shotguns? there is a ton online I just don't want to buy crap or the wrong thing.

Ok bandolier out. two point wide padded plane sling any certain kind are they different for shotguns? there is a ton online I just don't want to buy crap or the wrong thing.
Check out the Mossberg site. Go to their store. They have a half dozen “basic” two point slings in various colors and camouflage patterns. I own one and they are very reasonably priced and of excellent quality. I’m extremely pleased with mine.

Ok bandolier out. two point wide padded plane sling any certain kind are they different for shotguns? there is a ton online I just don't want to buy crap or the wrong thing.[
Check out the Mossberg site. Go to their store. They have a half dozen “basic” two point slings in various colors and camouflage patterns. I own one and they are very reasonably priced and of excellent quality. I’m extremely pleased with mine.
Thanks I'll do that/

Wal-Mart has five or six different padded or unpadded slings in black or camouflage, with the sling swivels already on them so you only need on your gun the swivel studs (the post with the hole in it) front and rear, and all of those slings are under $20. They are in Sporting Goods of course, right between targets and gun cleaning supplies.

They are pretty decent quality and always in stock at least where I live. I've bought three or four of them and they are just fine for my needs.

If you buy a sling without swivels figure on $6-$10 for a pair of them. They are fairly "universal" to fit practically anything.

Shotguns don't require anything different than any other long gun.

Wal-Mart has five or six different padded or unpadded slings in black or camouflage, with the sling swivels already on them so you only need on your gun the swivel studs (the post with the hole in it) front and rear, and all of those slings are under $20. They are in Sporting Goods of course, right between targets and gun cleaning supplies.

They are pretty decent quality and always in stock at least where I live. I've bought three or four of them and they are just fine for my needs.

If you buy a sling without swivels figure on $6-$10 for a pair of them. They are fairly "universal" to fit practically anything.

Shotguns don't require anything different than any other long gun.
thanks Im pretty close to one where I live.

I remember purchasing a 25 round sling/bandolier after my first Mossy 500 pump gun. The picture looked real cool. When I received it I installed it on the gun and loaded it up. My god it was so heavy and unwieldy that I immediately gave up on it.
Fortunately the sling fits around my waste and can function as a bandolier so all is not lost.

Last edited:
I remember purchasing a 25 round sling/bandolier after my first Mossy 500 pump gun. The picture looked real cool. When I received it I installed it on the gun and loaded it up. My god it was so heavy and unwieldy that I immediately gave up on it.
Fortunately the sling fits sound my waste and can function as a bandolier so all is not lost.

^ Spoken for troof

Back