• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Sling recomendations?

Derbarbarian said:
Ok, so reading through this thread. The sling I want would be something like the one posted below, but I dont know where to get started on finding new fittings for it to make a sling like that fit on the 590. so If I could get some links for the hardware and the sling that would be awesome! http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a391/ ... /590a1.jpg

That is my shotgun. The sling is a basic GI carry strap. The swivels are Uncle Mike's.

I'm looking for a plain-jane 2-point sling, just something for simple, muzzle-down carry. What I'm looking for is something that's light, comfy and fits nicely with the factory sling studs on a 590A1. Presumably that'd be a 1.25-inch sling, and Uncle Mike's attachments...or something like that. Is nylon lighter than GI canvas? I see they sell the GI Garand sling on Amazon, and 1.25-inch Uncle Mike's sling attachments. Is there is a better place to buy, or a better idea for a simple sling...?

EBay and Amazon are good places to start lookin. If you havent seen Sportsmans Guide, try that out too! Thier inventory isnt always the same from one day to the next, but they almost always have cotton or canvas GI web slings, most commonly 1" wide though, like the Garand sling.

Sportsman's Guide Slings

They have a 2 pack of GI nylon web slings for $13. I have a nylon GI 2 point sling on my 500 Persuader currently. Or OD M14 sling for the same price. The reproduction Garand slings are $22 I think.

Thanks...I took your advice and went on Sportsmans Guide. Ordered a 48-inch Butler Creek "Mountain" sling. It's a 1.25-inch width and comes with Uncle Mike's QD Super Swivels already on it. Not sure what a "Super Swivel" is, but we'll see. I had a discount coupon that helped out with the price. So, I think that's got me set up pretty nicely.

Iust got an old Mosberg 500c 18.5" barrel, Walnut stock. Have yet to try it out. I plan to take a 2 day class with it and have to have a sling to take the class. I have a sling on my 500 with synthetic stock.

I have a remington attachment on the front of the 500c that will allow me to use hook the current sling to the front on the barrel. I need to find some attachment that will wrap around the butt end of the stock and has a place where I can connect the hook of the currect strap.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Joe

Hi Joe, good to have you on MO!

Have you looked through this thread? There is another called "Whats your sling" I think, in this section. There are a number of pics plus product info on the slings.

There are several with adapters to wrap the stock, like Gear Sector, OSOE, Specter Gear, Vickers, Blue Force Gear VTac. Other popular slings are the BlackHawk... and some others I cant remember. But theyre in there. OH! Rocky Mountain Tactical is another very popular sling, and The Button Sling is pretty cool too!

I like the convertible slings that can go from a single to a two point. Those are cool and are what I"m wanting for both my rifle and my 590A1. I currently have the Specter Gear on my 590A1 with the adapter to wrap the stock. It came with the adapter where others you may have to order the adapter seperately.

I hope this helps somewhat, and I can elaborate if you want anymore info on any of these!

Rossignol said:
I like the convertible slings that can go from a single to a two point. Those are cool and are what I"m wanting for both my rifle and my 590A1. I currently have the Specter Gear on my 590A1 with the adapter to wrap the stock. It came with the adapter where others you may have to order the adapter seperately.

I hope this helps somewhat, and I can elaborate if you want anymore info on any of these!

I just got my 590A1 #51660 earlier this week and was wanting a sling for it. I saw a single point Blackhawk at Walmart tonight and thought it would be great, but if there is a sling that would allow single and two point attachment, that would be ideal. Rossignol, could you please elaborate on the convertible sling you mentioned?

Thanks!

I tooo have the 51660!

I had seen a Winchester single point at WalMart for $20 that is made in the US! I"ll buy it for that reason alone!

The convertible slings I know of are from,

OSOE, $60;
OSOE 2 to 1 point sling
21sling1.jpg

Gear Sector, $44.55;
Gear Sector GS 3p
img

ARMS, $74;
ARMS Swan Sling
view_file.asp

view_file.asp

Both the OSOE and Gear Sector will need adapters to suit whatever your needs may be. With adapters, the OSOE can easily be the most expensive among the three. All are made in the US and are gauranteed.

You can also look at Specter Gear slings;
Specter Gear

These are 3 point slings that arent convertible, but they can be used similarly to a single point. Theyre also made in the US and are about $30 to $40.

Rossignol said:
I tooo have the 51660!

I had seen a Winchester single point at WalMart for $20 that is made in the US! I"ll buy it for that reason alone!

Thanks for the info! Maybe the one I saw at Walmart (also $20 and made in USA) was a Winchester instead of Blackhawk- I looked at so much stuff there tonight, I don't remember. :lol: I may get it and give it a try.

Rossignol, the sling at Walmart was a Blackhawk single point mount for $19.99 (didn't get the model). They also had another Blackhawk single point sling, the Storm 70GS12BK for $24.99. That looks like a real nice sling and I almost got it until I realized I have no place to attach it. Apparently I need some sort of single point sling adapter. :( I have installed a KickLite stock, so not sure where the adapter would go since I'm completely new on the sling thing- never used slings in over 40 years of shooting.

edit:
Found a sling adapter on Amazon and ordered it tonight. I'll probably pick up the BH Storm sling next week or sooner.

Paracord Sling
$27.50 + $3.85 shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/25111441519...eName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I just ordered a Single Point from this guy.
He worked with me via email (many emails) complete with photos of colors available and styles of weaving.
I sent him photos of "Bubba" and he sent me back photos of the colors of cord that he thought would look good on it

I figured that I would give him a plug since he was so cool to work with.
I will do a review of it once I receive it this week.

Good deal srvctec! Let us know when you get it and what you think!

LTB, thats excellent service man! Hard to beat that these days and at a good price too!

Rossignol said:
Good deal srvctec! Let us know when you get it and what you think!

I got the Blackhawk Storm sling last week but haven't tried it yet. I was considering converting it to a 2 point sling by adding a polymer d-ring and quick-release clip, but now am thinking I may return it and just order a Magpul MS3. That looks like the perfect sling to me. Still debating on what to do- decisions, decisions.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 using Tapatalk 2.

I still look for what could be better too. I dont think that ever goes away! :D

Rossignol said:
I still look for what could be better too. I dont think that ever goes away! :D

Yeah, I know what you mean, which is why I lean towards getting the best the first time so I don't have to keep buying stuff. Following that principal, I just ordered the Magpul MS3 and Mesa Tactical push button sling swivel receiver mount. I'll return the Blackhawk tonight- it was going to bee too much rigging things up to make it work like I wanted.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 using Tapatalk 2.

Back