• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Sling Recommendation?

New owner of 28" 930 Hunting Field in Walnut.
Have installed a Nordic Components +6 magazine extension with a barrel clamp and Picatinny rail.

Would like to add a simple, traditional 2-point sling.

Because of the magazine extension cap, the standard front attachment is no longer available. Wondering if the hole of the magazine cap or the barrel clamp would make the best front attachment location.

Would also greatly appreciate specific recommendations for a sling and any required swivel hardware.

Thanks in advance!

I've got a 22" JMPro with what is obviously an OEM Nordic +4 and barrel clamp. I discovered that extra hole in my barrel clamp is threaded and it happily accepts the front, machine threaded swivel of the Swivel & Stud kits you can buy at WalMart. It makes a handy mounting point for standard QD swivels.

20191013_082257.jpg

I bought this shotgun primarily because it has a 22" barrel with screw in chokes. I find that length perfect for an all-around hunting shotgun, but magazine plug requirements make it ridiculous to run an 8-shot tube for bird hunting. So I ripped all that tactical crap off and installed a standard 4 shot spring and mag cap with the onboard swivel. It made the gun much more lively and quick.

Crappy weather sure makes you appreciate synthetic stocks and rattle can metal finish.

20200910_101735.jpg

Thanks! There are several very different options, so I wanted some experienced advice.

I also asked Nordic about the best attachment point, and they recommended against using the end of the magazine extension. Makes sense, since it would position the end of the barrel below my ears, and the butt close to the ground.

So I ordered a 2-point sling from Mossberg ...

https://www.mossberg.com/store/padded-hunting-sling-camo-93506.html

and a front swivel stud...

https://www.mossberg.com/store/quick-detach-stud-front-blued-12030.html

so I am now set up like your original sling configuration. It works just fine.

I've got a 22" JMPro with what is obviously an OEM Nordic +4 and barrel clamp. I discovered that extra hole in my barrel clamp is threaded and it happily accepts the front, machine threaded swivel of the Swivel & Stud kits you can buy at WalMart. It makes a handy mounting point for standard QD swivels.

20191013_082257.jpg

I bought this shotgun primarily because it has a 22" barrel with screw in chokes. I find that length perfect for an all-around hunting shotgun, but magazine plug requirements make it ridiculous to run an 8-shot tube for bird hunting. So I ripped all that tactical crap off and installed a standard 4 shot spring and mag cap with the onboard swivel. It made the gun much more lively and quick.

Crappy weather sure makes you appreciate synthetic stocks and rattle can metal finish.

20200910_101735.jpg
I like your camo Nylon sling. What brand is it and where did you buy it?

Thanks! There are several very different options, so I wanted some experienced advice.

I also asked Nordic about the best attachment point, and they recommended against using the end of the magazine extension. Makes sense, since it would position the end of the barrel below my ears, and the butt close to the ground.

So I ordered a 2-point sling from Mossberg ...

https://www.mossberg.com/store/padded-hunting-sling-camo-93506.html

and a front swivel stud...

https://www.mossberg.com/store/quick-detach-stud-front-blued-12030.html

so I am now set up like your original sling configuration. It works just fine.
I have that exact sling from Mossberg and it’s great.

Screenshot_20221208-094631.png

This is the only one I buy for my hunting guns any more. Its the only sling I've ever owned that stays put and does not constantly slide off of my shoulder. I highly recommend it.

I have one of the claw slings too. As you said, it doesn't slide around all over the place.

Bumping this thread, has anyone found a sling setup they've liked for competion/run-n-gun events?

I'm doing my first match that'll involve slung rifle & shotgun later this year (Rocky Mountain 3Gun)

I've got the Nordic clamp/qd up front and am considering a setup like posted here for the rear, but not sure which sling arrangement would be good for running around with a 24" 930 on my back - considering the Vickers or Trex slings right now

Back