• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

sling studs

Shall I loctite them at all? I took a long hard look at what I'll be using my 6 shot 590a1 for and decided to go with a standard 2 point sling using the rear sling stud and the magazine tube cap. For some reason because the buttstock is plastic, I keep thinking that it will loosen over time, mind games I guess. Also, what about on the mag cap? Do I need to loctite these in place or should they be good to go for a long time?

Anything I want to keep, I blue locktite. Comes off easy but provides enough hold to prevent loosening unless you put a tool on it.

I was under the impression that loctite was meant for metal on metal. Could be wrong...

Looked it up for you.

Loctite Threadlocker Blue 242 said:
Recommended For

Use on metal fasteners 1/4' (6 mm) to 3/4' (19 mm) in diameter such as bolts on small engines, swing sets and furniture

Not Recommended For

Use in pure oxygen and/or oxygen rich systems and should not be selected as a sealant for chlorine or other strong oxidizing materials
Use on plastic parts, particularly thermoplastic materials where stress cracking of the plastic could result

I have used it for years on anything threaded with no problems, plastic, aluminum, steel. Just a drop, no need to dip a part in the tocktite, just a single drop on one side of the thread to prevent unwanted backing out.

Different location, material, and location but you can even see where I used it on my rear sight knob on the left there.
I use it everywhere. YMMV

IMG_0422.jpg

Back