• Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Sling with Thumb Loop

raven01750

Lurker
I'm thinking about purchasing a new Winchester Neoprene Sling with a Thumb Loop Model 99746 for the 930 SPX because it seems like it would be a nice thing to have. Hook your thumb into the loop and the gun stays right where you want it. That's the theory anyway. Anyone else have a similar setup that they like or don't like? Pro's, Con's? Thanx.
Paul

raven01750

Lurker
Yep saw that one. That's where I originally got the idea from. That photo is on another website called Buycheapr I think. It even links back to the ebay page. I'm not sure what's up with that.
But I have to admit that until I actually posted the name and model number in this post, I didn't know Wally World had these. Clicked on the WW link and bought it online for 6.99 plus tax. Shiping is free to my local WW store. Since I don't have my SPX :( I figure that when it comes back and if I don't like it, it's not going to break the bank so I'm going to give it a shot. Now that the SPX has the sling mount at the front of the Forearm, I can actually attach one.
Paul

raven01750

Lurker
Yep, and do a field test. But for 6.99 I don't think I can really go wrong. Especially since I can just switch it over to the 30-30 since it doesn't have a sling either.
Paul