• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Sling with Thumb Loop

raven01750

.270 WIN
I'm thinking about purchasing a new Winchester Neoprene Sling with a Thumb Loop Model 99746 for the 930 SPX because it seems like it would be a nice thing to have. Hook your thumb into the loop and the gun stays right where you want it. That's the theory anyway. Anyone else have a similar setup that they like or don't like? Pro's, Con's? Thanx.
Paul

Yep saw that one. That's where I originally got the idea from. That photo is on another website called Buycheapr I think. It even links back to the ebay page. I'm not sure what's up with that.
But I have to admit that until I actually posted the name and model number in this post, I didn't know Wally World had these. Clicked on the WW link and bought it online for 6.99 plus tax. Shiping is free to my local WW store. Since I don't have my SPX :( I figure that when it comes back and if I don't like it, it's not going to break the bank so I'm going to give it a shot. Now that the SPX has the sling mount at the front of the Forearm, I can actually attach one.
Paul

Yep, and do a field test. But for 6.99 I don't think I can really go wrong. Especially since I can just switch it over to the 30-30 since it doesn't have a sling either.
Paul

Back