• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Sneek peek of the upcoming project

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I'm not going to say more about it yet because I don't want to jinx myself, and I have a lot of work ahead of me getting stuff ready on my end, and watching the clock ticking waiting for my waiting list number to come up, but so far so good.

I just wanted to get a topic started in the meantime, even though this project may take a few months to complete, but will be worth it to me when all is said and done. I usually don't get "this" excited about major projects, but I can hardly contain myself this time around.

I put it in the long gun section, though, it doesn't exactly fall into that category from my viewpoint, but was more appropriate than any other subforum.

I already had some of the parts I needed in the spare parts drawer, but with a considerable amount of effort was able to track down the other parts I need, which considering how volatile the market is right now was no small task in itself. Especially since I refused to pay scalper prices and got these at pre-December prices. The only part that I am waiting to get here is the cam pin, but it is somewhere between here and RanierARms in Washington State.

sabresneekpeek004.jpg

sabresneekpeek015.jpg

Parts list:
Old school Colt nonserrated M16 carrier
Oly Arms complete bolt and firing pin and firing pin retaining pin
YHM Phantom and crush washer
DPMS 1:9 Chrome lined 5.56 heavy barrel assembly with M4 barrel extension
Troy Ambi mag release
Power Custom extended mag release button and spring
Magpul MBUS set
Grip Pod hand grip
Magpul M93 Det. 1 buttstock, recoil spring, buffer and U.S.M.G. brand stock adapter (not shown)
Offset Aluminum 1" light mount, Surefire G2 (not shown)

Sounds really sweet! Unfortunately, I'm not seein any pics on my phone recently.

I usually don't get "this" excited about major projects, but I can hardly contain myself this time around.

Well, with the state of things it's good to get excited about something. I'll be glad to follow along and learn something new.

Have at it!

It is an 11.5" barrel.

5.56 chamber 1:9 twist, chrome lined barrel. Heavy profile under the handguards (although there won't be a handguard on this upper) and will have an AK piston system.

And since you're probably scratching your head after reading that last sentence, it's not going on an AR15. :ugeek:

OOOOOHHHHH!!! Hold on I gotta go to the bathroom........... OKAY I'M BACK! :lol:

Can't wait too see the progress!

Me either.

I got in on the project on the ground floor and only a few days after it was announced. I'm #80 on the waiting list.

I was told that they have 70 kits available initially,and was the reason why I purchased all the AR/M16 parts that the conversion upper would require so there would be no parts availability issues later to gaurantee that I get one since they make everything else in house.

Its also the reason why I sold my M4 AR to come up with most of the money to buy it. To some that may sound crazy, but I feel that it is a trade up and I cannot pass up this investment opportunity.

I already had the buttstock adapter for the M93 stock, but I will also have to drill a hole in the back of my registered receiver to accomodate the recoil piston.

johnbuyingpartspic_zps8fe148e4.jpg

Back