• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Specter Gear SOP Sling

Rossignol

The Original Sheriff
Global Moderator
Sponsor
Our sling arrived yesterday! I was surprised cuz the order info said it could take a few weeks! It came from Midway and the rep said it wasnt in stock... but its here and I'm stoked, its a great sling, made in the USA and very solid!!!

The webbing is 1 1/4" wide with 1" removable sling swivel attachments. We got the 181FG (FG = foliage green) which includes a Mossberg 500 specific mag tube lug front sling plate. The sling plate is a black phosphate finish and is made by GG&G. (The part number specific to the 590 is 183)

Now, we got it for Allisons .410 because it doesnt have a rear sling stud on the stock and I didnt feel like drilling one. This sling wraps the stock (as do some others) and is the reason I went with this style. I will also add that the front sling plate IS NOT designed for the .410, but rather a 12 ga. The detent ball on the bolt doesnt hit the indents in the sling plate, but it works. I'm able to tighten it and it holds.

I'll get pics as i'm able and hopefully some from the field this weekend!

Specter Gear, Mossberg 500 SOP sling
181-07.jpg

Re: Specter Gear SOP Sling, Mossberg

My Blackhawk sling looks pretty darned identical to that, and it works great! I look forward to reading (and seeing) your review!

It doesnt come with as much as your sling, but it can be swapped pretty easily from gun to gun.

It seems Ally really likes it, so it may be staying on her gun, darnit.

Good review Bro !

Here are a couple pics of the Specter Gear sling on Allison's 500 .410. Nothin real detailed for now, but I still wanna get a better photo of the sling plate eventually.

Mossbergs_500_590A1Small.jpg

And Allison carrying it. Not a great pic, but its slung from her left shoulder down to her right side and from there she can bring it up to fire without removing the gun first.
Ally_WalkinSmall.jpg

Patriots293 said:
Looks really good, I'm considering getting this sling for my Mossberg.

I dont think youll be disappointed! Its a pretty cool sling, wide enough to carry comfortably, made in the USA and reasonably priced! ;)

Heres a quick update on that Specter Gear Sling.

We ordered the one for the Mossberg 500, however... The pieces that make it work for the 500 can be completely removed and the sling can be adapted to work I'd say with almost anything else. On each end it has 1" wide adjustable nylon straps which can be totally undone so theyll wrap around any swivel.

Tonight, i took Allisons sling off her .410 by undoing those adjustable straps and fit it too my AR using the sling swivel on the front post gas block and the fixed swivel on the M4 stock.

It can be fairly easily adjusted down and set to a length that allows for it to be used as a two point, 3 point, and even kinda like a single point. Its an incredibly versatile sling AND! made in the US! ;)

I still prefer the M1907 for my AR as it will serve me better there! ;)

Back