• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Springfield Armory...

I carry a Springfield. Great brand.

I bet that XD-40 Tactical is a shooter!!!!

It does pretty good for me.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Just realized I posted an old pic of my XD. I colored treated the lettering/logos on the slide a few months back in OD Green to match the frame. I think it turned out pretty nice...

Man, that is a B-E-A-UTIFUL firearm!
That is the one I have my eye on, but in 9x19.
Whats the snap like with the 3" barrel and 40 S&W?

I read a lot that the .40 snaps a good bit. I have only shot a few .357's and .45acp pistols. Never found anyone with a .40 to shoot. Perhaps I shall hunt someone down.

I will probably stick with the 9x19. What did you use to accent the markings on the slide?

I imagine that the recoil may be more considerable with the short frame, but the long frame isn't bad at all and not really more than 9mm imho.

It's less than 38 and 357 by any stretch.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpnItSQzA_8[/youtube]

Does anyone have any experience with the new XD-S??

I have a 4" Kimber Tactical Pro, but I'm looking for a smaller carry pistol, but since I don't want multiple calibers...

I've played with one at the LGS, but haven't had the chance to shoot one yet...

Smitty

I actually put my mitts on one yesterday.

Didn't get to fire it, just fondled it a bit and to be honest the slim grip felt too thin for me. Guess I'm just used to a little more substantial grip purchase, especially in a .45...

Itsricmo said:
Perhaps I shall hunt someone down.

I'd be careful postin that on the internet... :lol:

Itsricmo said:
What did you use to accent the markings on the slide?

Using crayons gives you almost limitless color options. Well, I take that back. I bought the 96-color box, so I guess I've only got 96 options... :D

John A. said:
I imagine that the recoil may be more considerable with the short frame, but the long frame isn't bad at all and not really more than 9mm imho.

It's less than 38 and 357 by any stretch.

The one thing I really notice shooting the XD40sc is its high bore axis. With the 3" barrel there's not a lot of forward weight to counter the muzzle rise and with the barrel weight sitting higher up it takes a lot more man-handling to keep the front sight down...

I can understand how shooting the 3 inch is a different than shooting the 5 inch.

I've always preferred full size guns for that very reason.

I don't think I own a compact anything LOL

Except a few NFA goodies, which aren't really in this category.

lol LES, you know what I meant :) ... the Lawyer however may not... :)
Also, now that you mention it I think I remember you telling me about using Crayons. Just melt it dab it in? lol

John I think I am going to stick with a 9x19 unless I jump too the .45acp in the XD(m) category. I have little girly (no offense anyone!! :) haha) hands

I own a few 9mm's in various flavors and the 9mm has been around for a very long time, and is still very popular even today.

Spanning back almost a hundred years to WWII, there are a lot of people no longer among the breathing because of it.

More so, will the SA XD9sc shoot +p ammo? I found a ton or results but all are mixed and I haven't gotten a reply from the Manufacturer

Re: Springfield XD 40 pics

mister_e said:
IMG_1846.jpg

Random, but that is a Damn Nice Belt, Sir! :lol:
Just as well, that Holster is very nice! How comfortable?

Thanks sniper, just picked her up today!! I think its gonna be a good oc weapon and cant wait to shoot her sunday!! I was gonna buy the XDs but thought against it (little small) for 45 imho. It was a very sexy gun and would love to have had a little range time with it.....I used the money I saved to buy a used Stoeger 20g for my first trap/skeet gun (post pics/vid on Sun).

Back