• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

SR-I Firing Both Barrels Simultaneously

BigKat74

Copper BB
Hey guys, I finally got to shoot my Silver Reserve that I purchased at a gunshow. I had the gun set to fire the U barrel first, my first shot was a loud bang, then I pulled the trigger to fire the top barrel and I just heard a click. I broke it open and saw that both shells had been spent. I figured it might have had to do with the switch so I reloaded and set it to O. Same result occurred, so I took the barrels off and check the firing pins which looked fine to me (I am very we behind the ears though). I rechecked it. Did a dry fire to check the trigger and it clicked twice like it should have (I know it's bad). But when I reloaded it, both shells went off simultaneously again. I decided not to continue firing it and finished my shells in a loaner. Anyone had any experience with this issue? If so, how did you remedy it? Is it an easy/cheap fix? I heard I should take it to a gunsmith to have it fixed but I wanted to know if I should just send it to Mossberg to fix. It's serial number does fall within the faulty firing pin timeline if that has anything to do with it.

I'd honestly just let Mossberg fix it.

Back