• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

State Capital Protest information

Re: Feb 8th Protests

I am all for this, however I will be in the Great White North of Alaska on that date. This goes along the lines of a post I made in another thread. If you are going, are you going armed (Legally)?

Frank

I will have my personal concealed weapon but not going outwardly armed.

like it says, better follow state restrictions, cant have weapons on State property here

EDIT:unless you have a conceal carry permit

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWiZyo17rzs[/youtube]

here is ours, I got the day off and will be there with a van full if nothing more pressing comes up like driving 400 miles through a blizard

Oregon Patriot groups are saying its the 19th of Jan now so everyone better check up on that....I think there are two

Guns Across America on the 19th, and the one on the 8th of Feb

who is doing this ?

If anything is going to make a difference its things like this. Peaceful, show of numbers. I don’t plan on marching around with a sign yelling but I am going to be there to show my face and support, add to the numbers.

The 19th is a Sat and I am scedulling one of my last furlogh days for the 8th of Feb....roughly 800 miles for both trips to the capital

I'm assuming all you guys pushing others into writing letters are doing this ?

Even gun owner in the US of A needs to be there to show their support. But it's not going to happen. I've already heard some say they will turn in their weapons if ordered to do so. I'm interested in what our gun club is going to say tonight. It's been "write your congressmen" for the past couple of months. Now it appears things are going to get a lot tougher. I don't know what their stance will be but I'll be asking some pointed questions...and I'm the archery guy...

OhioArcher said:
It's been "write your congressmen" for the past couple of months. Now it appears things are going to get a lot tougher.

Like I said before letters don’t hurt....but how they help is questionable.

Show of numbers is undeniable, can’t just delete button that. This is where we will start to see who is serious and who.....is a typist.

Lots of time to plan, lots of time to get out of prior commitments.

It takes sacrifice to get noticed…typing a letter none.

Skipping work to go to a 2A nationwide rally….a little bit of sacrifice of time , money.

I imagine the sacrifices will get costly as this potentially escalates, if this goes the way a lot of people are predicting we aint seen nothing yet.
I can wait to see who is left standing up for their beliefs and way of life once this gets serious, talk is cheap.

OhioArcher……you said you heard rumblings of people turning in their guns if they ask,
I have heard rumblings of people willing to fight and escalate the fight as necessary, haven’t heard a soul peep a word about giving anyone anything, thank god I would not take kindly to that defeatist attitude .
Please update as I am curious about the general feel you get from your meeting

I'll be driving a total of 800 miles for this, people better be there ! :lol:

Jan 19, 2013 - March On Capitals

Nutnfancy is asking for a march on the state capitals Jan 19, 2013 (Saturday) by noon of your respective time.

A bunch of us here on Long Island, NY are answering the call.

Get things started in your states.... start now. Its time to show a peaceful demonstration of force.

Re: Jan 19, 2013 - March On Capitals

Ohh, I like it!! Does he have out a new video about this? I would love to share it!!!
Wonder if I can be in Harrisburg on the 19th... hmmmmm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUAfft7l4wQ[/youtube]

Hey guys...I merged the two threads for the state capital protests so we can track information, dates and times in one thread. Please keep it updated with current information as this is really important!

thanks,
-Carbinemike

nutnfancy's quote under the video and I like it. At times I don’t agree and think he is long winded but he is right on with this

nutnfancy said:
Published on Jan 9, 2013
WE ARE MARCHING ON THE STATE CAPITOLS ON JAN 19 2013 AT NOON LOCAL TIME. Watch video for details and check out http://www.guncontrolmorecrime.com. This is another in a series of many Calls to Action (CTAs) here in TNP as we work as a unified team to defeat anti-self defense gun legislation in 2013. The proposed AWB seeks to criminalize millions of good Americans is a power grabbing, Marxist attempt at people control. We stand and be counted NOW, not cower in our houses hoping for the best and ranting anonymously on the internet about crap that doesn't matter. Time to nut up or shut up.

Water Monkey said:
Nutnfancy is asking for a march on the state capitals Jan 19, 2013 (Saturday) by noon of your respective time.

Get things started in your states.... start now. Its time to show a peaceful demonstration of force.
I am working on getting off from work to be able to go on the 19th...

So far our group from Long Island is looking to get a bus if we get 57 passengers. Half way there so far. We plan on coming in deep!

Cuomo and his cronies are not going to have exactly what they want!

OhioArcher said:
I will have my personal concealed weapon but not going outwardly armed.

this is how my group is going, just like any other day off.

DHonovich said:
Water Monkey said:

I am working on getting off from work to be able to go on the 19th...

THIS!! :D

If I can make both I will be so extremely happy!! This is the kind of demonstration and organization that we as a community need to show!

oli700 said:
OhioArcher……you said you heard rumblings of people turning in their guns if they ask,
I have heard rumblings of people willing to fight and escalate the fight as necessary, haven’t heard a soul peep a word about giving anyone anything, thank god I would not take kindly to that defeatist attitude .
Please update as I am curious about the general feel you get from your meeting

I'll be driving a total of 800 miles for this, people better be there ! :lol:

I brought the subject up and was disappointed by the response. The skeet guys say they are not interested as any of this doesn't apply ot them since they only have 2 rounds in their guns (double barrel). Actually, I kind of expected that from a couple of them.

Our legislative rep told me that is was sedition and treason to talk about doing anything towards the government if they try to take our guns. As I tried to say that the 2nd Amendment was designed exactly for that reason we were shutdown by the club's president. I left kinda pissed off. These guys are all hard working men in a small community. I'm an outsider. The club has been around for as long as I've been alive. There is a strong history in it but I think they feel that all this pertains to someone else and not them. Even after the meeting and talking to a couple of them they seemed to feel uncomfortable about discussing the ongoing drama. I don't know, maybe it's just me...

No. It's not just you. It's the sheep. The same ones who saw their neighbors rounded up and put on trucks to be deported to concentration camps.

I would love to go to Sacramento for a rally. But I don't know if I can make 500 miles which is how far my state capitol is from me. Keep me informed guys and I will do my best.

Paul

Back