• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

State Capital Protest information

Back from the Columbus rally. Very low turnout...my guess would be 100-150 and I'm being generous. Cold and windy were the words for the day (my sign separated from the handle and went flying across the street). No organization, less than last time. No speakers that I could hear although I did see one bullhorn in a guy's jacket pocket. Walked around more as it wasn't as crowded. Was partially frozen by the 2 hour point, even with extra layers. Eyes were watered up pretty good most of the time by the wind. Took an hour with the truck heat on full to warm up.

More than half the demonstrators had weapons on them. Many women, seems like more than last time as well. I got a couple of phone pics but I couldn't find my camera this morning so no good ones. Not as many police around, either. Took a while to find parking as it is a business day but ended up on the street next to the capitol building.

A lot more buses (there's a bus stop in front of the state building) and more pedestrians. A few stopped to talk, a few grumbled 'cause "we was blocking the sidewalk". One old guy in a suit came out of a building across the street, headed towards me and the guys next to me. He grumbled something to them and made a face. The guys started laughing. I should have told him he just broke the law by jaywalking and should be arrested. Now that would have been funny.

I do have to say "thanks for nothing" again to the Buckeye Firearm Association for doing exactly that ...NOTHING. No mention of the rally, no support. I've since closed my account with them and cancelled their newsletter. I can't support those who won't/can't support us....

And sorry you missed it Rossignol. I know your heart was there, though...

Been think bout all y'all all day an lookin forward to updates.

Thanks for bein out there, id a been there too if I coulda.

Very low here too, probably 700 solid. Only took a couple pics for Brad because my hands were full, I’ll post up soon…….. but we got our pics taken a shit load, people really dug the sign and the musket, paired with Tyler’s YHM Specter, windowed Pmag full of ammo…... We got interviewed be the Associated Press, he wanted to know all about the musket so I told him about it being in my family for 175+ years and that it was family heirloom ……AP so who knows if or where it will end up…..bunch of speakers, couple guys who just moved here from NY were pretty good, but in general less organized and less people.
Like I said before we couldn’t get the permit for the steps because someone else got it before us so we had to have it in Pioneer plaza right across the street from the steps……..it turns out it was pro control people who got the steps……..there were 5 of them. This group seemed a little more rebellious though.

oli700 said:
Very low here too, probably 700 solid.

We had only 100-150 based on counts I saw on the Michigan Gun Owners forum.

One of the guys was posting that he didn't show up because he was put off by OC. <facepalm>

Like OC or hate OC, we are still in this fight together and divided we will fall.

Thanks for being out there guys! We are swamped at work and there was no way to get to this one. The day sucked so I really would have rather been on the steps of the capitol.

Oooh, I bet you and your musket next to that YHM looked pretty cool together!

Man, sounds like turn out is much lower all over... its certainly not due to short notice.

MikeD, what's OC?

0208131207a95271859_zpsd730f40e.jpg

Nice Oli! The only thing more cool would have been of you were on horseback

Here's some video from Columbus:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8jZ_kxSABE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1auIKAVWzc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cALEQ6tT18Q

http://www.wvxu.org/post/gun-owners-rally-rights

As you can see, there was not a large number. Some reports say only 20, which is wrong, but so is the several hundred that I saw posted elsewhere. I biggest problem we have here in Ohio is there is no "clearing house" for information. Mostly posts here and there in different forums and word of mouth.

If we have another, I'll be back...

OhioArcher said:
If we have another, I'll be back...

right on, me too.....but Im not waisting another breath about it to anyone, or keystrokes for that matter.

In Lansing today they were doing a gun buy back

Several were going to go and take some of the financial burden of this off of the state and end up with some new toys. LOL

Sent from my Mossberg 930 using Tapatalk2

That's your choice and I'm sorry you feel that way. We have a lot of MO folks that are doing all they can. I don't think anyone devotes more than LTB45. I know what I have in this since over the last 3 months and will continue because they aren't going to stop.

Well, I put my money where my mouth is yesterday too. took off from work and drove to LA to do a 2nd Ammendment March where we had some coordination issues. But had about 30 people show. A nice banner and signs.

The problems we had were the Christopher Dorner issue with every cop in So Cal on Tactical alert and every news van was right across the street. But they weren't interested in what we were trying to say. We even marched right through the area the news vans were parked in several times with one person taking our picture on camera that didn't feel like he was part of a news crew if you know what I mean. Certainly no one was interviewed. But not a word of our march made it on the news. Bummed we didn't have a great turnout because I feel like we missed a huge opportunity.

The Pols in California are going crazy. Hell, the Pols around the country are going crazy for that matter. They are not listening to us at all. And to be honest, they don't care because they think that more people will vote to eliminate the guns and/or ammo to get re-elected than those that support the Bill of Rights. I'm frustrated like you. But still believe that our only option is to continue to raise our voice. We may not win everywhere. But hopefully when the dust settles from court cases etc. the insanity will be corrected. And I will keep trying...

Paul

There are folks with legitimate excuses for not showing….you knows who you are and this isn’t aimed at you.

There were very few people who had a legitimate excuse for not showing up to this.
There is a level of dedication that is not there in America. The dedication that made this country what it WAS.
My expectation is most likely different than others and that’s fine.
I don’t believe I am special or in any way better than anyone else BUT I do believe I posses the level of dedication that made this country strong and unbending to the wills of those that will have under their thumbs, I have the American spirit burning in my blood.

I drove over mountain passes in ice and snow, 200+ miles , one way.

I don’t have extra income, my wife lost her job.
I have not had a raise in years and I have taken furloughs at work for the past 3 years….that is a day we have to go home with no pay, a missed day taken off your pay, a pay cut. I scheduled a furlough day for yesterday so I could go,We get to give those ONCE A MONTH
If I couldn’t do that it would have been a vacay day
if not that a sick day
if not that I would make something up…..yes I would lie to my employer to attend this.

I am not in the best of health either.
I have worked like a slave since I was 17 years old, wore out parts. My job leaves bruises on you at the end of the day.
I have had a tree fall on my head, chipped variable in my neck and permanent nerve damage ….
I played 8 years of football, every joint of my body has had an issue, 5 broken fingers, broken hand….
I raced dirt bikes for years…..One torn MCL in EACH knee, a broken foot, broken collar bone, dislocated shoulder……
I have been told I will have to have a hip replacement before I am 60

Standing on the pavement for 4 hours with my knees locked hurts, all my EX injuries ache , places numb from nerve damage…….
I stood net to people in wheel chairs,
I stood next to people with canes,
I stood next to people who don’t know if they will find a job in time
I stood next to people from other places where people have given up
I stood next to Middle East vets missing limbs

In the military the government tells you what you stand for, they do great things and are brave for doing it.
Citizens chose to do it on their own accord, no one helping, no one coaching, not having the confidence that an entire Army at your back brings but instead stepping out of their comfort zone to the mix finding like minded folks, finding a way, finding this all on our own time, our own dollar.

This is my dedication level and I have A LOT left in the tank…..

I’m sorry if my expectation level is too high but the facts are that this is the dedication level need to retain our way of life, this is the level of dedication that it took to forge our way of life.

Those of you that ARE making a difference, I thank you, you know deep inside if you are

Those of you pissing in the wind and talking shit, step it up and prove your worth or go to hell, go straight to hell and I mean that

That’s all I have to say , thanks for listening now I’m done

CT canceled ours. I went anyhow. The capitol was closed. There was road ban at 12 noon. I got there before 11. No one was there. I sat in my truck, had a smoke. I took a day off for this?
It was not very well put together. Just a page on FB with the states listed to make comments in. How lame is that? There had better be another one. I need to be there....we all need to be there.....

Peoples attention spans are short, many felt they did there part by showing up on the 19th. Look at the news, the whole topis is getting less and less coverage, not because it's going away, but because the media and those we're fighting against want the masses to lose interest, believe they've made their point and go back to their myopic lives.

I don't do it because it's fun. I honestly would have rather been at work or at home than standing out in the freezing cold, but sitting on my ass doesn't get stuff done. I understand there are legitimate reasons why people can't make every event but only 150 people for this in MI?!?!?!?!? I've seen the expressways bumper to bumper on the opening weekend of deer season when the roads and weather were a lot worse.

With that, I'm over it. whining about the past is not going to fix the future, time to let it go and move on to the next task at hand.

I'm with Oli, I'm in it for the duration and I've got plenty left in the tank!!

Back