• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

State Capital Protest information

I hear you guys. It isn't easy. We all have purdens to bear. We are one income short of where we were last year at this time. And my work is very low (flat-rate tech) so my income is low as well. Just took an unpaid 1/2 day off yesterday. Drove not quite as far as Oli (about 90 miles up, about 100 back to work) and it is a boring drive up I-71.

What I don't get (or maybe I do and just don't want to admit it) is why such a low turnout for this rally when it came out before the Jan 19th rally? Is it that the jan 19th rally came on the heals of Obama's executive orders? Maybe. It could also be a collective "one and done" mentality of gun owners. But I think it also comes from the silence of our nation's firearms associations. Since the NRA is scared that something MIGHT happen at a rally thy refuse to support them. The state's associations follow suit so not to step on big brother's toes. I just found out that the BFA staff member I was emailling is on the NRA BOD. That explains a lot about what I've seen from her posted online. So some blame goes to them...shame on them for not supporting gun owners in their own efforts. We should not be expected to just send money and sit silently on the sidelines. My 2 cents...

NE area was blasted by snow. Glad some other states had theirs!

NY has a big one for Feb 28th for Albany.... storming when those jacks are in office.

I hear there is also one on Feb 12th.

MikeRally02082012_zpsa59cf89c.jpg

I didn't take this but I am in it. Along the right edge with the orange had. I had my MO hat on underneath that one. Sorry I tried but it was just too cold to wear a light cap.

MikeD said:
Sorry I tried but it was just too cold to wear a light cap.

you are my hero, dont be sorry ever, I dont care if you wore a space suit.....

oli700 said:
MikeD said:
Sorry I tried but it was just too cold to wear a light cap.

you are my hero, dont be sorry ever, I dont care if you wore a space suit.....

Thank you Sir!!

If you feel you have done all you can than no one can ask more. Everyone has a threshold and it sounds like you reached your, good luck

Rossignol said:
I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you guys.

We all can't do every thing or make every event, I understand that. I know you are a fighter in your heart and that is what matters. I'd rather have 1 of you then 20 of the weekend warriors that just feel that showing up on when the weather is nice to show off their never fired tacticool AR is enough.

if I've reached my threshold, its temporary, I promise. In no way am I done, just have toshift gears and get some stuff taken care of.

Believe me when I say it hurts I couldn't make it.

I view this as the most important, the only in fact, fight right now. Not that the countries issues aren't important but without this, there is nothing left to discuss.

Brad, you have your head screwed on straight and your priorities in order.

A wise man once told me to keep moving the ball down the field. Follow his advice, he's a good guy.

Some pics

2ARLLY_Feb8_1013_004_zpsa4a0ed8c.jpg

2ARLLY_Feb8_1013_005_zps6a422124.jpg

The guy with the AR is who I ended up carpooling with.

2ARLLY_Feb8_1013_007_zpsb4b806be.jpg

2ARLLY_Feb8_1013_010_zps3b18673c.jpg

2ARLLY_Feb8_1013_014_zps5c270a6c.jpg

2ARLLY_Feb8_1013_015_zps34976ce0.jpg

2ARLLY_Feb8_1013_019_zps485a8e14.jpg

2ARLLY_Feb8_1013_026_zpsd1fb3da5.jpg

2ARLLY_Feb8_1013_027_zpsd5c771c1.jpg

2ARLLY_Feb8_1013_029_zpsc938ec19.jpg

2ARLLY_Feb8_1013_030_zpscd7ac400.jpg

2ARLLY_Feb8_1013_033_zpsea7bfc71.jpg

2ARLLY_Feb8_1013_041_zps0e57e6f6.jpg

2ARLLY_Feb8_1013_042_zpscf2237e6.jpg

This woman does not own a gun but appreciates we live in a place where she can ger one of she needs it.

2ARLLY_Feb8_1013_044_zpsc54f47b6.jpg

2ARLLY_Feb8_1013_048_zpscdf23056.jpg

Friends,

Since my days in the Assembly I have been working hard to keep our communities safe and protect our Second Amendment rights.

With passage of the SAFE Act, New Yorkers face the most perilous constitutional assault in the entire country.

Now is not the time to be silent. Democracy is not a spectator sport, and your efforts could make the difference. We cannot stand for the further erosion of our rights and need to start taking them back.

Join me tomorrow, Tuesday February 12th at Capitol Park (West) Washington Ave & N Hawk St, Albany, NY 12210, for Sportsmen Rights Rally and Lobby Day. We will make our voices heard at the steps of the Capitol from 11 AM to 2PM. Afterwards you can meet face to face with State Legislators and tell them how you feel!

- Senator Greg Ball

I really wish I could take part in some of your [MO's] rallies! I love living up here secluded and usually enjoy not having to deal with the hustle and bustle of the lower 48, but when it comes to important issues as these, I wish I was closer to the fight. My heart and spirit is with you guys!

Chris H.

DHonovich said:
Friends,

Since my days in the Assembly I have been working hard to keep our communities safe and protect our Second Amendment rights.

With passage of the SAFE Act, New Yorkers face the most perilous constitutional assault in the entire country.

Now is not the time to be silent. Democracy is not a spectator sport, and your efforts could make the difference. We cannot stand for the further erosion of our rights and need to start taking them back.

Join me tomorrow, Tuesday February 12th at Capitol Park (West) Washington Ave & N Hawk St, Albany, NY 12210, for Sportsmen Rights Rally and Lobby Day. We will make our voices heard at the steps of the Capitol from 11 AM to 2PM. Afterwards you can meet face to face with State Legislators and tell them how you feel!

- Senator Greg Ball

Great to have a Congressman step up and take the lead. Here in OH we have one Obama follower, one who is silent on his stand and one that doesn't appear to know which way is up. Our state's legislators are eerily quiet except for a couple on each side. Not sure which way OH will swing but they seem content to ride the fence for the time being.

Back