• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

State Capital Protest information

Here's another chance for making yourself seen with a 2A sign in your hand. I don't know much else so far but this effort doesn't seem to specify protests at capitals.

Conservatives and Tea Partiers plan to reignite the flame of 2010 next Saturday at rallies in cities and towns across America. The event is titled the "Day of Resistance," and head organizer Dustin Stockton told Breitbart News that February 23 was picked as the date for several reasons.
“The first is one which I’ve been getting ruthlessly abused for and that is because the AR-15 caliber is .223,” Stockton said in a phone interview. “It’s also the day that we raised the flag in Iwo Jima and it’s also a Saturday, so people who work regular hours can also attend.”
More than 50,000 Americans have already signed up for 97 rallies in more than 30 states across the country. The rallies will focus on Second Amendment issues and President Barack Obama’s push for gun control, but they will also branch out into all aspects of oppressive big government.
“The main hook is Second Amendment defense and executive actions by Obama,” Stockton said. “At the same time, we feel like the GOP establishment argument on guns is that ‘this is all crazy talk, what you’re hearing doesn’t matter and they’re not going to actually come take your guns away.’”
Stockton claimed the average law-abiding gun owner believes the president is seriously pushing for gun control, among other left-wing policies, and cannot stand the establishment GOP’s unwillingness to fight back. However, guns are not the only issue that has conservatives upset: the gun control fight is a new launching pad for a bigger discussion, similar to how Obamacare sparked the Tea Party movement’s beginnings in 2009.

Here in Maryland, we have two more rallies scheduled for March 1st and 5th. I emailed one delegate requesting to testify from the law enforcement side to as why this proposed gun ban will not work and only put Maryland residents at greater harm.

Nice going Ben. Please let us know how that works out. How are things in MD? Are they ever going to get the shall issue concealed carry permits out of court? How about the new gun law efforts?

carbinemike said:
Nice going Ben. Please let us know how that works out. How are things in MD? Are they ever going to get the shall issue concealed carry permis out of court? How about the new gun law efforts?

Things are tough allover, the shall issue law is one of the things I want to testify about because it is so very hard to get a ccw in Maryland and with the democrats in power I don't know how this thing will turn out. I did contact the Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee and 5 of the 9 said they will vote no an any gun ban bill so they said.

That's great that you are in contact with them. It's a shame it's only 5 of 9. That's to close. One liar or waffler could be doom. Keep on them and keep us posted.

It's looking like the shall issue/may issue arguement will probably be heard by SCOTUS sometime this year through the case of Kachalsky v. Cacase out of New York. Petition for Cert has been filed with SCOTUS and they are simply waiting on replies from both sides before choosing whether they will hear the case or not......but the vast majority of those watching fully expect the case to be taken up.

Here's a link to the SCOTUS docket........
http://www.supremecourt.gov/Search.aspx?FileName=/docketfiles/12-845.htm

So far twenty different U.S. States have filed "friend of the court" briefings asking SCOTUS to take the Kachalsky case.....
http://www.firearmspolicy.org/2013/...e-court-supporting-safs-kachalsky-carry-case/

Alan Gura from the Second Ammendment Foundation is the lawyer for the plaintiffs......this guy is incredible and a big part of why we will be getting Concealed Carry here in Illinois. One line in particular from his petition stuck in my mind and truly represents what this fight is all about.

A "right" that may not be exercised absent a government official's discretionary determination that an individual has "proper cause" to exercise it, is not much of a right....

Gura accomplished more in his first appearance before a court of law (and it was the US Supreme Court at that) than the NRA did in 25 years.

He's a hero.

nitesite said:
Gura accomplished more in his first appearance before a court of law (and it was the US Supreme Court at that) than the NRA did in 25 years.

He's a hero.

Totally agree.....Alan Gura has done a ton of work helping to restore Rights that other attorneys had allowed to be chipped away over the years. I'm glad he's on our side. :)

Judge Legg said something similar when he ruled against MD and the shall issue concealed carry law which they are now fighting in a higher court.

Judge Legg found that “[a] citizen may not be required to offer a `good and substantial reason’ why he should be permitted to exercise his rights,” he wrote. “The right’s existence is all the reason he needs.”

The problem we are having now with 2nd ammendment rights is that a very few gun owners are NOT being responsible and people who should never have a weapon are getting their guns and doing things with them that no one agrees with AND the media is more liberal than conservative. How are gun owners not responisble you say? Because some of them allowed their guns to be taken without permission. Some gave their lives because they just didn't believe that their child could do that. They didn't secure their weapons. That wouldn't be allowed in the military (weapons are cleaned, inspected, repaired then secured until needed) nor should a responsible gun owner allow it in the civilian world. But in the Military, someone always has your back. Not so with civilian gun ownership. So, the requirements of being a responsible civilian gun owner are different. But should they be? Clean, inspect, repair and secure until needed. Including ammunition. That sounds reasonable.

But don't forget when 5500 people are reported to show up for an anti gun rally and we can't get 55 people to show up for a Pro 2nd Ammendment rally, what can we really expect. We are loosing some rights everyday at the state level and the 50%+1 agree with what is being enacted.

I went to the last rally on Feb 8 in Los Angeles. I know what is right and why. But I also know that there are times when you loose a battle or two but you keep fighting. And right now we are loosing. And since we are, it's just wise not to scare the sheep. Because you can also win the battle but loose the war. Lets not loose the war.

A change in tactics is needed. I believe that the NRA is loosing this ideological battle for us all. We need to make the sheep see that guns are not something to be afraid of. Get the sheep involved with guns through advertisements, classes, sporting events such as target shooting contest etc. And for gods sake, secure your weapons when they are not directly in your possesion! (Not directed at you specifically) Take the fear of the weapon away and the rights to have one will come with it. But I don't believe that anyone should get in a sheeps face and end up intimidating them. That's a sure fire way to loose. Because just one lost person right now means that the Pols now have 50%+2. +3 etc. FWIW.

Paul

Not too sure what pols and rallys you are looking at. Because there have been thousands attending here in NY.

The senate and house are scared and are backing down a bit on gun control regarding Feinstein's bill and focusing on 3 areas now:

Universal Background Checks

Magazine round limits

Gun Trafficking

I know it sucks in CA. But other states are holding the line. Keep up the fight.

He does make a point about the NRA. I've seen too many comments by NRA staff, and the Ohio arm of it, that gun owners are hurting "their" cause. I see it the other way around...NRA and their affiliates are hurting OUR cause. We are the ones with the rights, the individual, not the organization. While the gun owner associations are a good thing, sometimes I feel they they are too full of themselves. These organizations should be serving gun owners not the other way around. Don't tell me that the only way for our rights can to be secured is thru their efforts. If the antis can demonstrate and turn out 5000 people at a capitol rally then gun owners should turn out 10,000 and tell the legislative branch to back down! And the only way that is going to happen is if our associations back OUR actions.

It's time for the NRA to remember who fills their coffers...it is the American gun owners...and the NRA needs to start backing our actions...

Raven

when you say we, do you mean Californians ?

Don’t want sheep, don’t need sheep. I hope they are scared, sheep live in fear so that par for the course. I would rather stand alone then have them in my corner.
You know the thought that frees my mind from all this?…..I don’t care what the government does, they aren’t getting mine. That simple thought is something that no one can take from me.
I have been PROACTIVE in this arena for quite some time, so has most of the people around me and my community in general. This is because I come from a place where firearms are a tool and most of society views firearms in that light in this part of the country.
As much as it pains me places like California and New York are a dollar short and a day late to the party. New York might squawk loud enough to get some things turned around but who knows at this point……Both places should have been having rallies and been pumping funds into grass roots efforts for years…I wish you all luck, you need it……me I don’t need luck, my mind is made up I’m just waiting.
I am tired of trying to bring people into my camp, I honestly don’t care what the other camp thinks anymore, come and take them.

the NRA is F**king lame, sorry

WM considering your states population a couple thousand is a joke, I cant believe you all thought everything was ok till it wasnt

oli700 said:
WM considering your states population a couple thousand is a joke, I cant believe you all thought everything was ok till it wasnt

Oli I think you need to dial it back a little bit.

NOBODY thought it was ok until it wasn't. The phones, faxes, and emails were constant to the senate weeks before the back door deal was done.

BACKDOOR. This entire bill didnt follow the proper procedure and was muscled. We even filled the Governor's mailbox for several days.

We were sold out by the Republicans (who owned the Senate). Plain and simple. The constituents hollared and they closed their eyes and ears and were led by Cuomo at a 11pm session forced to vote in 20 minutes so the Democrat Assembly could vote it through.

Prior to that we were winning a few battles in gun rights... we stopped COBIS from being used which drained $34M of tax payer money to stop no crimes... we stopped Microstamping from ever making it to the floor. And we were really close to eliminating the licensing system for handguns to allowing NYS to being a shall issue state (still in appeals).

We are fighting this. We are relentless now. We will win.

Dont think we let this happen just because a law was established behind closed doors.

Dont draw a line and then stand there look me in the eye and say I'm not with you. Not only is that thinking detrimental to the cause, that shit pisses me off.

Oli, the point I am trying to make is that the methods being used now to protect the second ammendment are not working where it counts. In the poulation centers of our country. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over expecting different results. We need to change our methods to improve our results. And we still need organizations like the NRA to help with that. No matter what we personally feel about them at any given moment.

My feelings are that the NRA isn't leading. They are reacting which isn't doing anything except impowing those against us to do more. Each time they (the anti gun groups) make the NRA look foolish or out of step with the rest of the people who don't agree with our right to own a gun, they WIN. We need to contact the NRA and tell them what we think instead of letting them do what they have been doing which is more of the same.

We have to appease the majority. Or we will loose any rights we have. Because the majority will vote to take them away. This is still a country that is based on laws. Laws that can be changed by the will of the people. Again, FWIW. Just an opinion and we all know what that is worth...

Paul

Paul, I see the population centers as a lost cause for the Constitution, not just the 2A. I think they are also lost for the republic form of government.

Not that I want to but I'm not sure we can appease them either. The worst of them have made it clear that they want all guns gone from civilian hands. Appeasement has not gotten us anything but into our sad current state.

No retreat, no surrender.

Back