• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

State Capital Protest information

Very cool. I have an event right here in my area. It's posted on my facebook page and I'm sure I will have fun being with some like minded people. I'm not sure where they are going with this because like everywhere else, we are not going to get any news coverage or sway the masses that day, ;) but we'll see.

Guys, just know I respect your opinions and I'm there defending them with you. Don't get mad because it's not about that. You keep fighting and so will I.

Paul

Guys, just know I respect your opinions and I'm there defending them with you. Don't get mad because it's not about that. You keep fighting and so will I.

Right back at you Paul. I know I'm not mad. I hope no one ever feels they can't share an opinion on MO. Keep 'em coming.

The important thing for all of us to remember is that we come from a wide variety of States with a tremendous diversity in regards to the 2nd Amendment. Some of us come from States that are firm supporters of the 2A, such as Oregon, Alaska and West Virginia; While others of us come from States that are very much on the fence, if not turning anti-2A, such as New York, California or Illinois. What works in one State may work quite differently in another......even causing harm to the cause of raising support for the Second. Many of the questionable States have a populous that is either too intimidated to become politically active in the matter or who have become discouraged over the years and feel their voice no longer matters.

Oli, as much as it pains me to say it, you couldn't be more incorrect about not needing the sheeple. The fact is, we need them more now than we ever have. Without bringing new people into the fight we will be relegated to puffing our chests out with pride as we watch States fall one by one to the progressive/anti-gun movement who have no qualms at all with guiding sheep into their pastures.

What we do not need, though, is uneducated sheep. We, as individuals or smaller groups, need to make it a point to reach out to the "sheep". A large percentage of the Anti-gun crowd aren't against the 2A because of an educated, personally formed opinion......they just parrot back the "guns are bad" message that has been hammered into their heads since grade school. THOSE are the sheep we need.....Individuals that we could take out for a day at the range, or to a safety class, or even to a gun shop. People who are anti-gun because they may have never actually held an actual firearm and the whole idea of it scares the crap out of them. THOSE are the people we need to have see what firearm ownership is truly about.......THOSE are the people we need to open the eyes of and bring to our side.......THOSE are the individuals who will stand side by side with us once they realize that their voice DOES still matter.......THOSE are the people that must be brought to engage in this fight for one side or the other and for us to pretend that we don't need them at all would truly be a fools mistake.

I'm going to make it a point from here on out that anytime I meet someone who has either never fired a gun or who is leaning towards the anti-2A side to invite them to go shooting. Having 1,000 people march on an empty Capitol building on a Saturday may not accomplish much.......but imagine if that thousand people instead took 2 new people to the range and showed them what gun ownership was actually about.......imagine out of those 2,000 people that 1,000 of them decided that it was the most relaxing, fun thing they had ever done and encouraged 2 of their friends to get off the fence and actually try it.....and so on and so forth. I think THIS is where the focus needs to be rather than arguing over whose State cares more because of numbers of protestors........

Water Monkey said:
oli700 said:
WM considering your states population a couple thousand is a joke, I cant believe you all thought everything was ok till it wasn’t

Oli I think you need to dial it back a little bit.

NOBODY thought it was ok until it wasn't. The phones, faxes, and emails were constant to the senate weeks before the back door deal was done.

OK, I’m not about to argue with you about this. I was not talking weeks…….I am talking a lifetime.
I realize you all can drive a train through you asses right now, and the final nail in NY 2A coffin was driven in overnight but the grave was dug and the coffin was built over many many years.
I bet I have educated as many oblivious gun owners on NY’s situation as you, possibly more.

Water Monkey said:
Dont draw a line and then stand there look me in the eye and say I'm not with you. Not only is that thinking detrimental to the cause, that shit pisses me off.
I am not trying to draw a line, although I think you are right in a way and I need to step back from all this. I am to the point of questioning peoples dedication to this, and if it doesn’t match mine or my expectation then it’s simply not good enough, that’s not fair to folks……I apologize for that. As far as you being pissed…..good, you better be . Be pissed at me , be pissed at the system…..be pissed at yourself. What pisses me off is you offer to carry a brother over the line on your shoulders if you have to but yet your batting 500 on yourself showing ….I know it snowed. Again I am sorry for over analyzing this and picking it apart, its who I am and I am relentless. That’s why I am stepping off.

Tim4k5 said:
Oli, as much as it pains me to say it, you couldn't be more incorrect about not needing the sheeple. The fact is, we need them more now than we ever have.

Tim, you are a wise man. I may be wrong in your eyes but you aren’t following me, my immediate community, brothers in arms and family are who needs my efforts.
Educated, uneducated sheep…..no matter to me . I am not going to change my lifestyle, don’t care what they pass in congress or my Democratic state……
I refuse to alter my ways to try to woo over folks who could give a rat’s ass where my dinner comes from. They aren’t wanted here, needed here or will ever be welcome here.
I don’t need wishy washy touchy feely people in my camp, we need honed well oiled machines that have no question where their allegiances lay.

I have realized that just educating 2A supporters is a full time job . If all the 2A supporters were on the same page then we would be invincible. When I say I have educated more gun owners I am not kidding. I have hung flyers everywhere 2A supporters congregate. Every time there are folks who are oblivious to the situation.I always lead with what happened in NY, MOST gun owner have no idea……I have had to call into work at lunch and tell them I had to go home when in reality I was haning a flyer at a LGS and had a group of 20+ people engaged in a conversation about all this, not one knew what was going on in NY……these are the folks that need my efforts not some uninformed , ungrateful, self centered waist of skin.

My state has stupid bills floating around too that won’t go anywhere……..we also have a bill making all federal decisions on the 2A issues null and void here……..also equally as stupid and will never go anywhere either. It is a giant pissing match between the humans in charge that are battling over possession of our souls…..

Thanks to everyone here for all your efforts, I do appreciate the work you have all put in. I will continue to strengthen the people on my side, you guys continue to try to talk the enemy into coming over to our side.

oli700 said:
What pisses me off is you offer to carry a brother over the line on your shoulders if you have to but yet your batting 500 on yourself showing ….I know it snowed.

It didn't snow. It was a blizzard. Lets not down play why I didn't show saying it was just snow. It dumped 2-3 feet of snow in 4-5 hours. People in my area got stuck coming home from work. work that was around the corner from their homes.

Where would I have been driving 400 miles round trip to Albany coming home in a blizzard? Comes a point where you actually have to pick your battles and this one wasn't going to make a difference since they closed most of the roads anyway.

I will be in Albany February 28th with a bus load of others from my area looking to make another strong showing while they are in office. I will be at a rally against a local POS who voted for this illegal law on Feb 21. I will be voting in a special election making sure he doesnt win. And in 2014 I will be voting against the others. And if there are other rallies between now and then I will do what I can to make those. In the mean time I've been writing and calling my reps. I have also been educating and promoting the rallies as well.

As far as an ass railing yes. it was an ass railing. BUT as I mentioned before that we were making huge strides prior which for some reason you failed to acknowledge that.

Does NY politics suck for gun rights? Yep you bet they do. But don't associate the illegal laws that were just passed on some passive response you think I or anyone here is doing.

In any case we both know where each other stands. No hatred on my end but I feel I needed to clear some things up for you as we are not rolling over.

Water Monkey said:
oli700 said:
What pisses me off is you offer to carry a brother over the line on your shoulders if you have to but yet your batting 500 on yourself showing ….I know it snowed.

It didn't snow. It was a blizzard. Lets not down play why I didn't show saying it was just snow. It dumped 2-3 feet of snow in 4-5 hours. People in my area got stuck coming home from work. work that was around the corner from their homes.

Where would I have been driving 400 miles round trip to Albany coming home in a blizzard? Comes a point where you actually have to pick your battles and this one wasn't going to make a difference since they closed most of the roads anyway.

I will be in Albany February 28th with a bus load of others from my area looking to make another strong showing while they are in office. I will be at a rally against a local POS who voted for this illegal law on Feb 21. I will be voting in a special election making sure he doesnt win. And in 2014 I will be voting against the others. And if there are other rallies between now and then I will do what I can to make those. In the mean time I've been writing and calling my reps. I have also been educating and promoting the rallies as well.

As far as an ass railing yes. it was an ass railing. BUT as I mentioned before that we were making huge strides prior which for some reason you failed to acknowledge that.

Does NY politics suck for gun rights? Yep you bet they do. But don't associate the illegal laws that were just passed on some passive response you think I or anyone here is doing.

In any case we both know where each other stands. No hatred on my end but I feel I needed to clear some things up for you as we are not rolling over.
I know what the weather pattern was, it was predicted for a while, it didn’t sneak up on you.……please just accept my apologies on all accounts, I don’t mean to offend you, a am abrasive sometimes. Keep up the fight , I am pulling for you and I do spread the word for you out there as much as I can, and I do it in a positive light…..sorry to be so negative, I am over critical bad habit I have

oli700 said:
Water Monkey said:
oli700 said:

I know what the weather pattern was, it was predicted for a while, it didn’t sneak up on you.……please just accept my apologies on all accounts, I don’t mean to offend you, a am abrasive sometimes. Keep up the fight , I am pulling for you and I do spread the word for you out there as much as I can, and I do it in a positive light…..sorry to be so negative, I am over critical bad habit I have

no apologies needed. You said what you felt as did I. I dont expect us to agree on everything. I'm a negative stubborn SOB as well. I understand how you feel and where you stand.

If I may offer what I see;

If we truly represent about 3%, we will never see representation. Those dependant on the govt number about 50+% now.

We can't all affect legislation in the same capacity and its gonna take all of us to whatever extent we're able. If we're able to persuade a few or handful of those "low information" voters, we'll do that. We really are tasked with the burden of proof right now and some can be educated to see the light. We need those people, the rest really are wastes. They are the ones who vote. Lock step ideology and what they can get out of it rather than think for themselves. Some people just need to be reminded that complacency is not our lot in life.

But it will absolutely take all of us in as much as we're able.

Brad, always appreciate your take on things.
All I am saying is I feel it’s paramount to strengthen ourselves before we go helping or recruiting the other side.
I will even go as far as to say the mentality can be related to why our country is on the edge of a razor.
When we were building this country we concentrated very hard on infrastructure. We may or may not been oblivious on what was happening on the other side of the fence but either way we concentrated on ourselves, strengthening our society and values . Growing strong and united in everything we did and soon became a powerful nation fixing ourselves and leaving others to their means, survival of the fittest.

Now our country is always trying to educate “lost souls”…always trying to fill the empty mouth of the world, prolonging the inevitable, all the while neglecting ourselves. Forgetting where we came from, failing to fix our own problems in favor of trying to assimilate the world. Our society is rotting because of it.

Gun owners ….better yet patriot gun owners need to work on infrastructure. I am still trying to talk my bother in law into voting …..he has been in the navy for 20+ years, fights wars, owns guns, doesn’t vote

Why should we try to get drones to think guns are neat when current gun owners are uninformed?

Why is it we should give all our efforts trying to get people of different views and opinions as ours to see it our way ?

Why not take our energy and resources and use it to strengthen ourselves first then help others ?

Kinda like take the log out of your eye first before taking the splinter out of your neighbors.... I can dig it.

I gotcha Oli, and that makes sense as well, to make sure that our own base is strengthened.

I think somehow, all fronts are on the table and have to be adressed. Some of these we can reach out to will play support roles and supply lines.

All fronts make since as well, I guess this battle is not immune from diversity. We all bring different qualities to the table that’s for sure

Anyone hearing anything else for the planned Day of Resistance rallies for 2/23? The one in our capital still has no information. One in a smaller, closer town has no page when you follow the link. It's mostly a Tea Party led protest but it seems underwhelming thus far.

Feb 28th there seems to be a big pro gun rally at Albany the capitol of NY. We have at least 2 buses going up from Long Island. I hear there's another 10 buses coming from West NY. Hopefully all is true and this is bigger than the last one.

We just got word that Cuomo's lobby is bussing in the Free Shit Army (FSA) from around the state for FREE and providing FREE breakfast and FREE Lunch for these tools in an effort to counter our efforts.

Should be fun.

I'll keep you knuckle heads updated next Thursday.

Pound Sand.

Water Monkey

Back