• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Stock comb riser

Blindhawg1

Copper BB
I just added a Truglo Sight onto an Aimtech AMS-3 Realtree camo saddle to a Maverick for turkey hunting. The problem is that I have to lift my head about an inch off the stock to get a sight picture. Any recomrndations for a stock riser?Screenshot_2017-10-10-17-35-23.png [AT TACH=full]16751[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• sht-027-005_1.jpg
    sht-027-005_1.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 3
Do a Google search on comb risers. They sell kits that have a bunch of different thickness pads you can swap around. Holds onto stock with an elastic sleeve.

You could go ugly and cheap and duct tape some pipe insulating foam tubing over the buttstock until you find the best riser height, then maybe look for a commercially-made riser to match the height. Two layers ought to get you close.

Or just keep the temporary set up for the hunting season and decide later what you will do.

I have one on my 835 Turkey Thug (I have a similar one on my SA-20 Turkey Thug). It goes on and off quickly and easily. It stays in place due to a slight 'tacky' underside. I got it on eBay several years ago. It has a 1" rise in front and a 1-1/2" rise in the rear. It puts my eye perfectly centered with the red dot in the TruGlo sight.

Last edited:
Back