• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Stock Sights

Is anybody else having a problem with the stock sights on the carry handle version of the 715. Mine was shooting way low and it is raised up to where the top rail in in the top of the sight picture. Is there a good way to correct this, maybe filing the front sight down? I put a red dot on it and it is right on the money.

My sights were maxed out to the top also. So I took the body apart and had to clean the part inside the body that held the barrel and receiver. Just look for anything holding it pushing the end down too far. It doesn't take much crud to acomplish that....

Hi,

I'm from South Africa and I picked up my 715T over the weekend. I also went to test it out yesterday and I have the same issue as John Sutton...
Maybe there is someone that can help out, as there is no we we would be able to send it back to Mossberg. It will take 2 years to get it back.

25 yds so far. I filed the front sight down a little and lowered the back a little. It's sighted in pretty good now. Ready to move on to the 50 yard target. I put a red dot on it but I think at 25 the stock sights are better.

Been viewing for a while. Finally found something worth posting.

I purchased a u shaped carry handle rail mount on ebay. 8 bucks shipped. Works like a charm. Can raise the sight all the way up and have a red dot / scope mounted on top without obstructed view.

Hope this solution will help others having this issue.

Just need to mount it the right way. The hole in the bottom of the rail is offset so one end protrudes longer than the other end. Opposite way and it sticks out too far / obstructing the travel of the rear sight. The part is a little longer than the stock one.

Problem solved.

Attachments

• U Shaped Rail Attachment..JPG
    U Shaped Rail Attachment..JPG
    10.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Back