• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

SWATTING....

Sorry but the kid deserved it! That could get a nervous person or officer injured or killed, and for what? Because he was mad? BS!

I suppose the kid was too stupid to use a latino name and mention being from "undocumented worker" from south of the border.

check his photo.
http://laist.com/2016/07/07/fresno_dylan_noble.php

He was born and raised here, but with difficult prospects: He could either go to work and earn a living, or sell drugs like his associates on the street.

Why would he face down two officers, in the 100F heat, standing with pistol and shotgun in his face, if he wasn't ready to die?

IMO He just couldn't face real life, but he wouldn't kill himself either. He knew his mom would sue the cops for millions though, if he managed to fool them into shooting him. His mom claimed he never wanted to die, so perhaps he did this thinking he would be injured but survive, like some stupid movie. The thing is HE DID IT. Right wrong or crazy stupid, he did it.

After the kid goaded the cop into shooting him, he was done for at that range. The kid was dying and had about 30 seconds to live no matter what was done. The officer with a shotgun saved him that 30 seconds of suffering, as Noble lie bleeding out on the broiling asphalt, still trying to reach for another "gun".

I am confused. Seems to be two stories here. Anyways, concerning the first. Too bad the FBI and DOJ don't feel the same way when it comes down to intent and accountability. Hillary would now be awaiting trial.

I ran across a new story about swatting today. I was going to use it as a reply in this thread.
BUT I decided first to see what ultimately happened to "Paul Horner" in case the sentence had been reduced.

I found out that the "Paul Horner" story here was a hoax. The source was paper of fake stories like the Onion

https://dotesports.com/general/news/15-year-old-swatting-prison-sentence-hoax-639

No, a teen wasn’t just sentenced to 25 years in prison for swatting
...So when news broke of the 15-year-old, named Paul Horner, being sentenced to prison for the prank, the story spread like wildfire. Unfortunately, the thousands upon thousands of people spreading the news were largely ignorant of one important fact: it was entirely fabricated.
...National Report is a satirical website, though it can be difficult to tell at first glance. A current front-page story highlights President Obama’s supposed impending resignation over “new Benghazi revelations.”​

I just thought you guys would be interested.
There are a bunch of real stories about swatting. I may share some in a different thread; after I verify them.

There is a BUNCH of mis-information coming from BOTH sides. Do not repeat info unless you, yourself have verified.

Also, try not to let it ruin your day until you know it is true... ;)

I ran across a new story about swatting today. I was going to use it as a reply in this thread.
BUT I decided first to see what ultimately happened to "Paul Horner" in case the sentence had been reduced.

I found out that the "Paul Horner" story here was a hoax. The source was paper of fake stories like the Onion

https://dotesports.com/general/news/15-year-old-swatting-prison-sentence-hoax-639

No, a teen wasn’t just sentenced to 25 years in prison for swatting
...So when news broke of the 15-year-old, named Paul Horner, being sentenced to prison for the prank, the story spread like wildfire. Unfortunately, the thousands upon thousands of people spreading the news were largely ignorant of one important fact: it was entirely fabricated.
...National Report is a satirical website, though it can be difficult to tell at first glance. A current front-page story highlights President Obama’s supposed impending resignation over “new Benghazi revelations.”​

I just thought you guys would be interested.
There are a bunch of real stories about swatting. I may share some in a different thread; after I verify them.

This is lame. nowhere did it mention it was a fake news site. not to mention, i looked at several pages before posting it up.
Thanks Scoop...

Well... here is another swatting story. I hope it's real because it is from the newspaper that employed me as a photographer back in 1970-72.

https://www.heraldtribune.com/ZZ/ne...recommend-probation-for-teens-hoax-swat-calls

Prosecutors recommend probation for teen’s hoax SWAT calls

YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (AP) ” A 17-year-old boy who admitted in court to making hoax phone calls to authorities in a half-dozen states should receive a one-year sentence with credit for time served, an Ohio prosecutor said.

David Dorbish Jr. pleaded guilty Wednesday in a court in Youngstown to charges that include making terroristic threats, making false alarms, identity fraud and telecommunications harassment, The Warren Tribune Chronicle reported. He was charged as an adult.

Dorbish originally faced 149 counts connected to the calls in Mahoning County Juvenile Court after authorities in multiple states agreed to let Ohio pursue charges against him. The case was transferred out of juvenile court in November, when a grand jury indicted him on 27 counts. He pleaded guilty Wednesday to 15 counts.

Authorities said the teen made the calls from a computer at his home in Youngstown, Ohio, in 2017 and 2018 and would tell police that someone was being held hostage or would report some other type of emergency. The calls were made to six additional states including Wisconsin, New York, Florida, California, New Jersey and Indiana.

The worrisome practice is known as ‘swatting’ because the hoax calls often lead to police SWAT units being called out.

Dorbish was accused of making a 911 call to Dodge County, Wisconsin, in March 2018 saying he had just shot someone and was holding a person hostage at a home. A SWAT team responded and a nearby highway was shut down. Authorities say a similar call was made to Putnam County, New York, in August 2018.

The teen is scheduled to be sentenced Jan. 31. Assistant Mahoning County Prosecutor Mike Yacovone said in court Wednesday that Dorbish should receive credit for the nearly 10 months he has spent in a juvenile detention facility since his arrest. Yacovone recommended that Dorbish receive five years’ probation and pay $13,000 in restitution to the communities he victimized.

A message seeking comment was left Thursday with Dorbish’s attorney.

I don't know about the rest of yous, but I think this is a very serious offense that should be treated as such. People could lose their lives because of this. Of course the DA got a conviction so he/she is happy.

Back