• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Switch operated Red Dot/Reflex?

CliffD

Anyone know of a Red Dot/Reflex sight that is able to be turned on/off from a remote pressure switch? I think it would be an essential feature in a HD situation. Trying to find and turn on a typical reflex sight in the dark (in a hurry) would be difficult. It'd be nice to have one that you simply squeeze the forearm and you're ready.

Oh, also, anyone know of a Red Dot/Reflex sight that is able to be turned on/off from a remote pressure switch...that is less than $200 :D

Don't know about pressure switch operated red dots, but there are models of reflex sights that use a sensor that automatically turns the unit off when the hood/cover is placed on. Remove the hood, and it comes on automatically...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Don't know about pressure switch operated red dots, but there are models of reflex sights that use a sensor that automatically turns the unit off when the hood/cover is placed on. Remove the hood, and it comes on automatically...
LES,I have one of this .It is a Japanese HAKO Panorama MK-IV Bed 40 red dot.Actually I have it installed in a Mossberg 695 for hunting.If you remove the cover the unit will turn on.But you need a little amount of light and the sensor will adjust the dot size.
Very important to me:you can change the battery in 2 seconds.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 169
Don't know of any that use a pressure switch, but several out there can either be left on for years (aimpoint), or some don't require batteries, and still illuminate for years (trijicon).

But neither are very, ummm, what's the word, uhhh

Cheap.

I've actually considered installing a small 3v solar wrap on the hood of my eotech so I can keep batteries charged for the life of the rechargable batteries, or would work during the daylight even without batteries as long as there was adequate sunlight to power the little flexible panel.

But that's not anything that's commercially available to my knowlege.

... or there's John's idea.

Just harness the power of the universe. It can be yours if you want it. Just remember that with great power comes great responsibility. It's amazing that he's been able to remain so humble among us mere mortals... :D

No, what's really amazing is that I've not blown myself up yet.

Here's a pic of how John's space powered red dot works...

**(disclaimer) I'm just jealous 'cause he thought of the solar powered red dot first... :lol:

Here's a pic of how John's space powered red dot works...

**(disclaimer) I'm just jealous 'cause he thought of the solar powered red dot first... :lol:

I know this is an old thread, but I was ahead of my time.

Again.

Looks like trijicon is going to cash in on my idea.

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product1.php?id=SRS

Trijicon SRS®
The Trijicon SRS (Sealed Reflex Sight) is a uniquely designed MIL-spec rugged,
parallax free, reflex sight which incorporates a larger aperture for maximum situational
awareness in a shorter body. The illuminated 1.75 MOA red dot with 10 brightness
settings (3 NVG compatible) is powered by a solar cell assisted by a single AA battery.
The snag free button pads are easy to operate (eliminating fumbling under stress
or with gloves).

215244.jpg

Another first for Mossberg owners forum I guess.

but there is a difference in what you wanted to do that sets it apart.

I have been waiting for the Holosun micro with solar....but still not like what you wanted to do

I've been using a small 4v solar panel to a 2AA battery box It would be easy to mount the panel on a rail mount, but I've tacked it onto my carry pack

Back