• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

talo deluxe edition

Well I tried to find some new 870 production pics, looks like some things are improving since pre-bankruptcy days, overall in pics these look a lot better than any Express models I've seen in the last 10+ years

pix674120942.jpg

pix900246167.jpg

Well friends - the Shockwave is gone - The Talo 930 is way too out of my league considering the mods needed for LOP reduction -

So I have a Remington Hardwood 870 en route - and a Black Aces Tactical S Max in the Natural Walnut coming down the pipe, both obtained for less than one Talo 930 -

Well friends - the Shockwave is gone - The Talo 930 is way too out of my league considering the mods needed for LOP reduction -

So I have a Remington Hardwood 870 en route - and a Black Aces Tactical S Max in the Natural Walnut coming down the pipe, both obtained for less than one Talo 930 -
Congrats. Post pics,

What I would like to know is the part number for that barrel! I like to run RDS on my shotguns and typically use the front blade sight as a "co-witness bead" just in case

Chadie,
The barrel on the Talo is part of the special limited distributor run. The closest Mossberg barrel would probably be the SPX barrel but I don’t see those offered for sale on Mossberg’s website.
C4549595-F49B-4A84-AAFE-1A4C7DE29A52.jpeg

Not a big fan of the SPX front sight system. I know it works goreat with the fiber optics but it does not suit me as aesthetic as compared to a solid front blade with a tritium insert...

Here is a good question. Should I flat out sell the Thunder Ranch barrel? Or should I "Horse Trade" it for what I am looking for? What I want is a Leupold Delta Point Pro with the circle dot configuration.

Last edited:
I like horse trading myself. Problem is you need the perfect storm to not only get what you want but what someone else wants. I also think that there is a hot market out there for the breacher barrel. Either way you’ll have fun.
Post pics of your Talo.

Agreed, I have seen the basic 18.5" barrels going for 'stoopid' amounts. I don't know if I was pulled into that mentality but I did jump at the Breacher before anyone else could. Comparatively, someone will be getting a great deal on this barrel! I have touched up and repaired the bluing, and added a tritium front bead. It is a "wedding night" fit into my receiver and takes a bit of wiggling to get it in and out. It cycles flawlessly. I will post pics of the Talo when I get it.

Back