• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Target of Opportunity

Paul605

...so....this target of opportunity presents...

Spider Firearms Ferret .50 SuperComp w/32" Chrome-Moly Barrel.

Already have a U.S. Optics ER-25...and that seems like it needs a platform.

...hmmmmmm...been a very long time since I have considered a Single-Shot weapon.

GUV6xw1.gif

I had an A1 Barrett when I had my FFL's. It gives new meaning to beast.

Weighing in around 34 pounds empty, I wouldn't want to lug it around for long. Counting the Schmidt and Bender PM2 that went with it, found a new home for about 11 grand. That was about 8 years ago and to my knowledge the guy still hasn't fired it. He bought it and took it home and put it in his gun room. Having been in his gun room personally, I admit was really nice. I saw at least a dozen old school '70 Colts in there alone.

Barrettinpelicancase.jpg

PmagandBMG.jpg

Barrett1500meterrearBUIS.jpg

82A1barrelmarking.jpg

Barret82A1M.jpg

barrett50bmgsbpm2scope004.jpg

barrett50bmgsbpm2scope006.jpg

I really do enjoy long range shooting. When I was attached to the 2/75, I hung out mostly with some of the best long range shooters in the Army...many trips to the ranges with them, and I was often the pilot that took them where they needed to be. By virtue of my interest, and some by "osmosis" I developed into a pretty good long range marksman too. I could shoot with them, but no way in hell I was going to walk/crawl/creep with them...and I damn sure didn't have the mindset they had...lol. Those were some "bad business-men". My current long range weapons are a Savage 10/110 in .338 LM, and a 30-378 TRR Weatherby Magnum. Both with U.S. Optics ER-25's. My interest in the .50 is as an anti-material platform....well that and the big boom.

Last edited:
Glad to see you know what you're getting into with the .50. Can be placed with a high level of accuracy, but more of a battering ram than a precision round...

If I only had some place that would let me shoot a .50 Cal...most ranges in Pennsylvania are way to short ( yardage ) to let the beast fully run.

Last time I did...I was at Knob Creek in Kentucky.

http://www.knobcreekrange.com/

If I only had some place that would let me shoot a .50 Cal...most ranges in Pennsylvania are way to short ( yardage ) to let the beast fully run.

Last time I did...I was at Knob Creek in Kentucky.

http://www.knobcreekrange.com/

There's only a 200 yard range by me. Sometimes you get .50bmg booms over at the 200 yard line. seems like pissing away money at the 200 yard line.

Barrett is just down the road a bit from us. Our range owner had them out to test the berms in the beginning. The M107 punched through the 300yd berm in three shots. It's gotta be a good 15' thick wall of earth. It was crazy, but prompted some re-engeneering. They were going to donate plates thick enough to stop their .50 BMG, but it fell through for some reason. As is, there are only a select few allowed to send the .50 down range and only under strict supervision...

...I own a spot that gives me out to 3000 meters...there is complete visibility, so nobody can get in the path without me or my brother (my spotter) knowing. The backdrop at 3k is a natural hill...

The glory of living in the sticks...ask me about it though when it's -30 degrees ans the snow is butt deep...lol

Seen that clip on the Raufoss round a few times. Truly bad ass.

Back