• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Testing some xtp HP's in 45acp

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Been fooling around starting to load some 45acp and tested some late yesterday evening.

All fed and fired fine, but were a bit hot, so I'm going to back the powder charge down a little for this next batch. I loaded all of the last batch .2 gr under the max charge so I should be able to settle on 4.5 gr of titegroup and be about where I want to be with them I think.

The hot batch from last night were sooty, and I had a few sparks coming from the ejection port when it was ejecting, so while I didn't experience any issues, I need to tone it down some. The good news is the gun handled it with ease.

I didn't chrono them though I wanted to but it was nearly dark when I got up to the range, but had no problems hitting the gongs at 25 yards which was the most important to me that they were plenty accurate enough. I did notice a little increased recoil from what I was used to as well, but reducing the charge should get me about to where I want to be with them I think.

xtp%20003_zpss58pe2o5.jpg

IMG_0380.JPG That's awesome! I just picked up a Walther Arms PPQ M2 in the 45 cal. I am very happy with this thing, especially the bragged about trigger pull. I am now experimenting with different rounds. That's what caught my interest in your post.

Nice looking handgun.

I like Walther handguns.

I know that it's an entirely different category, but I've had one of their S&W imported P22 handguns for years. I have recently given it several well deserved upgrades. Volquartson extractor, Galloway Precision captured spring/guide rod, and taylor tactical magazine springs and 13 round followers.

Thanks. I know it lacks many of the features you desire, I'm more simplistic than you. Lol. I picked up a few boxes of these for a fair price. Can't wait to try a few.

IMG_0384.JPG

I think you may give me a little too much credit Whitey. I'm a pretty simple man.

Back