• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The chipmunk strikes!!

Hayden shot a rabbit with his new Chipmunk .22!! He was so excited! He shot him right in the head, I'm so proud of him! How cool for him to get the gun as a 5th bday present (early) and shot his first animal before he turns 5! He didn't know he'd be hunting for anything, just went with daddy deer hunting and he saw the rabbit and asked if he could shoot. Anyway, here's the pic I snapped with my iPhone after they got home!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323651227.906458.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323651227.906458.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 411
Congrats to the new "hunter" in the family !!

Hope Dad smeared a little blood on his face...it's a rite of passage of your first kill !! :cool:

Wow! Thats a good lookin rabbit!

In addition to the blood on the face, he has to eat the heart to satisfy the animal spirits, he will then inherit the attributes of the rabbit.

True story.

Tell the kid we said Nice Work!!! Hes a great hunter like Allison! :D

Shes gonna be 13!

Oh, she just got her first rabbit this year too!

Oh my... A teenager!! Gaaah!! How exciting! It is a great feeling seeing your child so happy, excited, & accomplished. I'm sure Allison was just as thrilled as Hayden was. I loved it!

She was excited, but also felt badly.

She shot it with a pellet gun, right in the back of the head, behind its ear. It didnt die immediately and she thought she just stunned it, She dint like that it took about a minute for it to die.

We talked about it, she knows to make shots count and we dont hunt what we wont eat.

Thats a great shot Hayden made with a .22!

You guys ever use a dog?

We have had quail that we hit, unable to fly, run off to where we couldnt find it where it dropped. The dog does a good job of findin em again!

Oh yeah, they were deer hunting... nevermind. Well, even so... You can maybe raise up that boxer to find rabbit! :D

Exactly... They were deer hunting, and I know Mauser could find it because he got out the front door tonight and found the rabbit which was in a plastic bag. Lol. We were keeping it outside until Hayden's pawpaw got here to see it. :) Mauser so far is afraid of guns, it's weird, we've never shot around him but if we are carrying a rifle thru the house he gets nervous and hides. For some reason he's naturally worried around it. I'm sure with some exposure he'd get better though!

Yep, it takes exposure and fun stuff to get it worked out...

Not derailing intentionally, though I'm pretty good at it!

Back to Hayden!

Awesome. That's a memory that will be held on to for a long long time.

Congratulations on his first kill. I employ all four of my boys when we process the animals from hunts. Hands on is the best way for them to learn to identify the organs. Cleaning the rabbit will be a great learning experience for your boys. Make it enjoyable for them. Thanks for sharing the pic. :)

SHOOTER13 said:
Congrats to the new "hunter" in the family !!

Hope Dad smeared a little blood on his face...it's a rite of passage of your first kill !! :cool:

Isnt this a good way to get warbles?

Sent from Droid Incredible on Verizon Wireless

Hey, did you save the feet?

When we cleaned Ally's rabbit, we cut the feet off. She wanted to keep them and said theyre lucky. I dont understand how, the rabbit had four of them and look what happened to his fuzzy backside. Its hanging on Allisons wall.

Back