• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The tragic case of Jayme Closs

fellmann

Esoteric
Supporter
I dont know where to put this, a admin may move it to a suitable place if needed.

This tragical case of Jayme Closs.
The murder of her parents and her abduction, upsets me, in several ways.

Suitable to discuss here...
The lack of home defence plan ? and behaviour. Hiding in the bathtub ?
This upsets me a lot... when a perp gets everything he wants so easily..
There is a lot that could have been done differently...

There are three videos in a row in the link, regarding the case.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/man-accused-kidnapping-13-year-wisconsin-girl-killing/story?id=60343911

That is a somewhat chilling account of the incident. I wasn't really aware of it...

Personally, I think they should just take the killer out back and do a Mozambique to him. Same goes with all the mass shooters and serial killers currently languishing in jail. I do NOT believe in "Life" in prison. But it is "punishment" they say. :rolleyes: I say the REAL punishment begins when the killer goes to Hell... "Suicide Watch"? Why? Heck, give 'em a rope with a noose already in it! ;)

But to your point of "hiding" the hiding should be done with some kind of weapon, preferably a gun. But ANYTHING can become a weapon in time of need. Training is everything, even if you are not capable of kicking someone in the face you should at least be able to disarm them in close quarters...

Even with an improvised weapon, one must first have the desire and intestinal fortitude to use it. And secondly, they need to use their weapon more effectively than the offender does.

This is why I am not a fan of raising your arms up and screaming at a charging bear trying to use your words to scare it away.

Sorry, way off topic I guess, but just the mindset of folks these days.

I guess that it comes down to a lot of people thinking "that can't happen to me". The only thing that seemed to be what you would plan for is that their dog barked when it heard the car and woke Jayme up. The dad was shining a flashlight out through a window and asked to see a badge right before he was murdered.

The woman that Jayme approached after her escape and the folks in the house they ran to did a lot better. She got the killers name from Jayme. Since their properties touched she didn't want to take her to her cabin. They headed to another cabin. The woman said she was nervous inside but kept a calm outward appearance. While hurrying to the neighbors cabin she got Jayme to describe his car and that he wasn't at his cabin at that time. When they entered the neighbors house the woman said she had Jayme Closs, call 911 and to get their guns out. As the deputies raced there they had armed folks on lookout.

Sorry, way off topic I guess, but just the mindset of folks these days.
John, as I watched that video link and heard her talking and pleading with the bear I couldn't help but hope it trashed her kayak. I liked the ending. "Please stop bear...why are you doing that...it's the end of September, why are you here, you're suppose to be asleep...please stop breaking my things...it's not even food, it doesn't even taste good, it's just plastic. It's time she moves out of the sticks and back to the liberal college town where she came from.

Yo Bear ! You speak english ? Dont touch my stuff man ! lol

When they entered the neighbors house the woman said she had Jayme Closs, call 911 and to get their guns out. As the deputies raced there they had armed folks on lookout.
I like this.. ACT instead of React !

Personally i would not have a simple front door with a lot af glass windows in it.

I would like to have a thick reinforced door, to handle at least shrapnel and resistant up to 9mm pistols.
If you must have glass in it, make it thick, reinforced with a metal net and resistant up to 9mm pistols.

A man with a shotgun outside my door would put me in a type of heads upp mode and alert the rest of my family.
( ive seen a diifferent thread about "door guns" that a simliar solution can be an option )

Practice different scenarios with your family..
What do we do if A happens ? - We go to plan X. If X fails - We move to plan Y etc.etc.
Hiding in a bathtub wont make problem B go away.. etc.

Train your family in handling simple fire arms for home defence.. at least once a month.

Last edited:
So, the cost to try this pos and then keep him in prison for 50 years or more will probably be a couple of million bucks. He'll get free medical care, maybe even get a degree... Or, maybe since he kidnapped a young girl, a child, the inmate population will take care of this problem.

He was killed shortly after he was incarcerated, maybe a week or so. Don't remember who did it, but it was pretty gruesome.

Wont bash the deceased, I will advise the living: simply if you fail to plan your plan will probably fail. If you feel planned practice(training) sucks, trying to figure shit out at 2 a.m. while hearding the kittens is surely going to suck.
LOTS of info and knowledge available get learned train family its YOUR duty.

Back