• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Thinking of another Form 1 suppressor

For anyone interested, the new forms came out electronically yesterday.

They include an extra form for you to mail your CLEO and there are quite a few changes in the paperwork itself, including a line you must sign that certifies that you did provide your cleo a copy of the form.

Do the new forms make the process easier, or more difficult? In your opinion. I've not ventured down this road yet, so I don't even actually know what the process entailed. When the time comes I'll do my own research, just wondering if you think it's an improvement

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

The changes were done from an executive order, so that's really all that needs to be said.

There's more to it now.

For trusts and individuals, and the two processes are both different.

Now, trustees must all provide fingerprints and photos and submit to a background check, just like individuals always have. They must also now notify the police that they are building/buying a firearm.

Individuals now are no longer required to get cleo signature, but still have to notify the sheriff they are going to build/buy by mailing a copy of the paperwork to the sheriff and coincidentally increases cost in postage and time filling out the forms and more photographs, which I personally think is a violation of privacy because the document is a tax form and thus confidential and local law enforcement have nothing otherwise to do with the process. It's a Federal tax and background check and process, not local. While the new process saves you from having to schedule an appointment with the sheriff to ask him to sign your papers, that is the only positive there is.

I think trusts got shafted. While there may have been a small number that were shams, most people that put the time and expense into it would not risk adding an unqualified individual to the trust and risk losing everything.

If I do additional form 1's it will probably be as an individual.

I'm glad they're doing so well, and it may be selfish of me to feel this way, but I think this stunt has probably just increased wait times to 12 months or more.

And I had intended to submit a 300 blackout can this week too.

I'm glad they're doing so well, and it may be selfish of me to feel this way, but I think this stunt has probably just increased wait times to 12 months or more.

And I had intended to submit a 300 blackout can this week too.

I think they were trying to prove a point by holding them til the last legal minute but their statement/publicity stunt just creates a bottleneck for everyone waiting.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

A few major weapon manufacturers are making and selling them as complete weapons.

Remington AAC

Daniel Defense DDM4ISR

Rugers' SR suppressor

Sig Sauer

Nice work John! The comments about Titanium have me puzzled though, I worked on Navy jets for 21 years, the engine blades and vanes were all Titanium and I never saw any sparks.

Thank you for your service.

I don't know why many titanium suppressors spark, maybe because they're capturing and slowing the gas, rather than spinning and pushing air?

I simply don't have a good answer as to why. But it does happen.

The BATFE processed the payments on my stamps. I'll take that as a positive sign!!!!

Got my paperwork filled out and ready to mail tomorrow for my fourth and likely final design. It will be going on a 300 blackout and will be a reflex/integral hybrid. Baffle design is going to be 100% unique. I call them umbrella baffles. If you have ever seen an umbrella in a thunderstorm, you know just how effective it is for catching and holding wind ;)

I am also in contact with a guy who has done extensive testing with various powders/bullet combos that have been proven to suppress exceptionally well.

Between covering both aspects, it should prove to be about as quiet as humanly possible.

Back