• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

^^^TOP SHOT^^^ Season #4

I recently checked out a full sized Vaquero... What a fine revolver!!!

I agree that elimination challenge looked like a lot of fun!

EPISODE #2

"In the Trenches"

Premier Date: 2/21/2012

PROLOG... Teams grapple with an explosive obstacle course and endure trench warfare conditions while firing the legendary Browning Automatic Rifle. And in a Top Shot first, two competitors duke it out in a fierce battle with a multi-shot grenade launcher.

The First Team Challenge involves crawling through sand under 40 feet of barbed wire, then jump into a trench and using a Browning Automatic Rifle to fire at separate sets of 7 targets from 100-150 yards. One shooter per target; the next shooter cannot start onto the course until the current target has been hit. First team to hit all targets wins.

WINNER: BLUE Team

The Nomination picks for the Elimination challenge from the RED Team are: Keith & Kyle

The Elimination event involves using an Milkor M32a1 grenade launcher to fire at separate sets of 4 targets from 50-75 yards, starting with the closest. First to hit all targets wins...

LOSER: Keith

TONIGHTS WEAPONS

Browning Automatic Rifle (BAR)

BAR-1.jpg

Milkor M32a1 Grenade Launcher

MILKORM32A1GRENADELAUNCH-1.jpg

I gotta admit, it's getting on my nerves the way they keep calling the Venezuelan woman "quite a little sniper", or saying they are amazed at how well she performs.

She's a damn Olympic shooter! She competes against the best on the planet! Show a little respect, guys.

EPISODE #3

"Shotgun Showdown"

Premier Date: 2/28/2012

PROLOG...Top Shot season 2 champion Chris Reed returns to instruct the shooters on several modern shotguns. One team crumbles in the team challenge, leading to a tense nomination discussion. The final challenge is a head-to-head shotgun battle that sends one contestant packing.

The First Team Challenge involves using a Benelli M4 shotgun loaded with slugs and a Benelli Vinci shotgun loaded with birdshot. Each team compete separately, with one shooter at a time per weapon. The M4 shooter must hit an 8" moving target to launch two clay targets for the Vinci shooter. Each shooter then goes to the back of the line for the weapon he/she did not use. One point per clay hit; higher score after 4 minutes wins.

WINNER: RED Team

The Nomination picks for the Elimination challenge from the BLUE Team are: Michelle & Terry

The Elimination event involves using a Benelli Nova shotgun, from 35 feet, shooters fire buckshot loads at separate 3-target wheels to make them roll along 35-foot tracks. Once a shooter's wheel passes a marker on the track, he/she may switch to slugs. First shooter to get his/her wheel to the other end wins.

LOSER: Michelle

TONIGHTS WEAPONS

Benelli M4

BENELLIM4-1.jpg

Benelli Vinci

BENNELLIVINCI-1.jpg

Benelli Nova

BENELLINOVA-1.jpg

So...what did everyone think about tonights episode #3...?!

The challenges...

The weapons used...

The winning and losing competitors...

Damn. There goes my favorite reason to watch the show...

And, while he seems to do a damn fine job of running his team, the older cop on the red team is just too positive about everything...

I want all the crap they shoot at ! Shotguns were sweet.I fast forward the rest anymore

EPISODE #4

"Crossbow Crossfire"

Premier Date: 3/6/2012

As the field of marksmen narrows, one team holds an urgent meeting in an attempt to reconcile their differences. The team challenge features an ultra-modern, high-power crossbow that fires bolts at a stunning 350 feet per second. In the aftermath of a nail-biting archery duel, the elimination challenge is a fight to the finish with what many consider the "Perfect Pistol."

The First Team Challenge involves a pair of shooters from each team shooting a crossbow
to a single spinning target. As each pair of shooters comes up, an additional target is added. Shooters will accumulate points for each target hit, but each individual round ends after one
player shoots all of his targets.

WINNER: RED Team

The Nomination picks for the Elimination challenge from the BLUE Team are: Greg & Colin

The Elimination event involves the players shooting at a disk to activate a pendulum which will swing through an opening, revealing 10 targets of different sizes. The first shooter to hit all 10 targets wins.

LOSER: Colin

TONIGHTS WEAPONS

BowTech StrykeZone 350 Crossbow

BowTech350.jpg

Smith & Wesson M&P 40

SWMP40.jpg

So...what did everyone think about tonights episode #4...?!

The challenges...

The weapons used...

The winning and losing competitors...

I'm a week behind because I can only catch it online. I just saw the shotgun episode. By the time I've seen it everyone else is already done discussing it. :(

Some of those people need some serious work on their shotgun skills.

BigFatGuy said:
To help MikeD feel in the loop... the photography in the shotgun episode was fantastic, wasn't it?

Yes it is, and it's one of the things I really like about the show.

SHOOTER13 said:
Any one else see the show !?

Looks like they have the full episode up online now so I'll be watching it this morning. I check back in after I've seen it.

OK, i watched it.

I would have thought that they would have used PSE's TAC 15 crossbow. I actually had never heard of the one that they used.

BigFatGuy said:
The best line came at the end: a 31 year old man just gave a 36 year old man a friendship bracelet!

That and the "I thought you guys were getting married" comment as they walked off the field. LOL

Colin just had a WTF? look during the whole exchange. LOL

Is it just me or did neither of these guys have very good recoil control and were readjusting their grip at almost every shot?

Colby's comment about hoping the next challenge didn't involve a 1911 evoked a bit of a chuckle out of me as well. I thought the guy had missed the target completly.

I record em and watch em on the weekends so thats when I'll chime in with my 2pesos....

I did catch the friendship part though. Meh.....I would have just taken it out of his hands and tied it on my belt....it's dirty and most likely...stinky!

EPISODE #5

"Swing into Action"

Premier Date: 3/13/2012

Teams employ pirate tactics in a challenge using the explosive Kentucky Flintlock Pistol. The competition flashes back to the 18th century in a high energy battle that requires coordination and focus. Two marksmen slug it out in the elimination challenge, using one of the most durable pistols on the planet.

The First Team Challenge involves both teams swinging from one elevated platform
to another over a 20-foot gap, then fire one shot at a set of 5 glass jugs from
30 feet with one hand and swing back. One shooter per jug; the next shooter
must wait to swing out until the previous one has either swung back or climbed up.
First team to hit all 5 jugs wins.

WINNER: BLUE Team

The Nomination picks for the Elimination challenge from the RED Team are: Eric (Iggy) & Tim

The Elimination event involves the challengers keeping pace on foot with a moving wall,
fire through a window at 20 glass jars placed 25-45 feet downrange. Higher number of
hits in one run along the course wins; ties are broken with a second run.

LOSER: Eric (Iggy)

TONIGHTS WEAPONS

Kentucky Flintlock Pistol

KentuckyFlintlockPistol-1.jpg

Heckler & Koch USP Tactical 45

HKUSP45-1.jpg

Back