• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

^^^TOP SHOT^^^ Season #4

So...what did everyone think about tonights episode #7...?!

The challenges...

The weapons used...

The winning and losing teams / competitors...

Loved it! Can't believe Dylan gave himself up. Greg failed yet again and they didn't put him up??? I'm rooting for the Red Team all the way now! I gotta look at one of those Sig's.

I think William is a better marksman overall but I hated to see Dylan go. He has a much better team attitude and just seems like a nicer guy to be around. I thought it was ironic that William didn't even want to try to rifle during practice yet had the nerve to call out everyone for failing to step up. His skills may win him the title but his personality isn't going to win him many friends.

As far as eqipment goes, I'd love to have one of those Volquartsen custom 10/22's. I speced out just a few parts from them a few years ago and they are quite pricy, but very nice. The browning buckmark is one of my fav 22 pistols. I've never been a big Sig fanboy but I'd never pass up an opportunity to shoot one. :-D

I actually own three out of the four firearms used in episode #7...and while I like the Volquartsen, I got a Marlin M80 that shoots pretty damn good if I do my part!

EPISODE #8

"The Mad Minute"

Premier Date: 4/03/2012

Top Shot Season One winner Iain Harrison returns to school the competitors in British weaponry. The team challenge introduces a surprising twist, and one team bands together to conquer the task. For the losing team, it's off to the elimination round where two shooters compete in a high-stress precision challenge.

The "mad minute" originated as a pre-World War I term used by British riflemen during training to describe scoring 15 hits onto a 12" round target at 300 yd within one minute using a bolt-action rifle. The term still exists in modern military parlance to describe any short period of intense weapons fire.

The First Team Challenge involves shooting at separate moving grids of 30 targets from 35 feet. One player at a time per team, 6 shots per player. First team to hit all targets wins.

WINNER: RED Team

The Nomination picks for the Elimination challenge from the BLUE Team are: Terry & Greg

The Elimination Challenge involves firing at a 24” target from 200 yards. Higher number of hits in 60 seconds wins; ties are broken by fewer total rounds used.

LOSER: Terry

TONIGHTS WEAPONS

Webley Mk VI Revolver

WebleyMkIV.jpg

Lee Enfield Mk III Rifle

LEEENFIELDMkIII.jpg

So...what did everyone think about tonights episode #8...?!

The challenges...

The weapons used...

The winning / losing teams & competitors...

I think if I got my ass whipped by and American with my own countries weapons and I was in the military for that country, I probably would start looking for a paper sack. I used to have an Enfield, it was ok, I actually gave it to a good friend of mine.

I liked the Webley and would like to try the Enfied challenge myself.

Nothing really earth shattering about this one, but I was surprised that Greg slid through again.

I'm pulling for Gabby!!

EPISODE #9

"The Longest Shot"

Premier Date: 4/10/2012

Shooters reach the individual stage of the competition and immediately face an incredible challenge with the Accuracy International AWM Sniper Rifle--taking the longest shot in Top Shot history. Top Shot veterans Kelly Bachand and George Reinas return and get in on the action.

The First Individual Challenge involves shooting at a 30" target from 1,500 yards; maximum 10 minutes and 20 rounds per player. The four fastest times to hit it are safe; next three are eligible for nomination; slowest is immediately eliminated.

LOSER: Gabby

The Nomination picks for the Elimination challenge are: Chris & William

The Elimination Challenge involves firing at separate sets of 5 targets from 45-55 feet. Each target consists of 3 sections, a metal bullseye and 2 outer rings (may be shot in any order). First to hit all sections of every target wins.

LOSER: William

TONIGHTS WEAPONS:

Accuracy International AWM Rifle

Accuracy_InterAWM.jpg

Henry Rifle

HenryRifle1860.jpg

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD UNTIL AFTER EPISODE #9 AIRS ON TUESDAY APRIL 10, 2012 @ 11PM EST.....

THANK YOU

So...what did everyone think about tonights episode #9...?!

The challenges...

The weapons used...

The winning and losing teams / competitors...?

One day I'd love to try that 1500 yard shot. Always been impressed by those who can make a shot count at a great distance! Hated to see Gabby go! Another cutie bites the dust :cry: William on the other hand, I was grinning ear to ear when he lost. Rather have seen Greg go, but William was just to full of himself to like. I own a Henry rifle and can't say a bad word about it. They are well made and just solid!

Damn I hated to se Gabby go. William on the other hand, if he was just little bit less full of himself I might actually like him. I was gald to see him go.

Once again , I'd love to do everything they did in that episode, esp the long range shooting

Went back and watched a couple episodes on Hulu. I have an Enfield in .303 and I'd sure like to try that Mad Minute, but - at least in my neck of the woods - .303 British is a bit hard to come by. I liked Ian's technique for working the bolt and using your middle finger on the trigger.

EPISODE #10

"SWAT THROWDOWN"

Premier Date: 4/17/2012

The competition features two challenges inspired by real life SWAT team scenarios. A physically demanding individual challenge leaves three shooters exposed for nomination. And, in an extreme elimination showdown, competitors race the clock as they breach doors with the Mossberg 500 Chainsaw Shotgun to take out targets with the FN FS2000 assault rifle.

The First Individual Challenge involves rappeling down a 3-story, 30-foot tower is used, with a pair of windows at each story. Starting at the top, climb down a rope to each story, then shoot at 3 targets per window. Target size and distance decrease with each lower story (70, 50, 30 feet). Shooter must unload and holster the Five-Seven after finishing each window. The three fastest times to hit all targets are safe from elimination.

LOSERS: Gary / Chee / Greg

The Nomination picks for the Elimination challenge are: Gary & Chee

The Elimination Challenge involves running a course with 3 stations while wearing full SWAT protective gear. At each station, use the Mossberg to breach a door, then switch to the FS2000 and shoot 3 targets. Size and distance increase at each station (35, 45, 50/60/70 feet). Shorter time to hit all targets wins.

LOSER: Chee

TONIGHTS WEAPONS:

FN Five Seven Pistol

FN57Pistol.jpg

Mossberg 500 Chainsaw

MOSSBERG500CHAINSAW.jpg

FN FS 2000 Bullpup

FN_Fs2000.jpg

Please do not post in this thread until after the show airs on Tuesday, April 17,2012 @ 11pm EST.

Thank you !!

So...what did everyone think about tonights episode #10...?!

The challenges...

The weapons used...

The winning and losing competitors...

I myself thought it was the best show in the series so far...the rappeling and shooting from the tower , the weapons themselves, and the courses of fire were amazing !!

Back