• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Trading a Silver Reserve

JoeRotella

.270 WIN
I was in my LGS on Saturday and I wanted to trade in my unfired Mossberg Silver Reserve Field O/U. I was offered a $500 credit. I have the Silver Reserve Sporting and I am keeping that one and a Winchester 101. I have several shotguns - so there is no reason to have "doubles" of one gun.

He suggested a Webley & Scott 600 Komando shotgun. I never heard of it so i looked it up - can't find much about it. here’s a picture - it would be an even trade.

Any thoughts -

One more thing - he had a new Mossy 535 with a top folding stock (folds up and over reciever) that had a 4 shell holder attached - that would be $50 more. Only problem is it's a slug gun.

One more option to trade for was a Winchester 30-06 ( I have a Mossy Trophy hunter now) so i was not sure if I wanted a second 30-06.

In RI we have a 8 day wait so I have time -

Any thoughts?

Joe

Attachments

• wm_md_4539173.jpg
    wm_md_4539173.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 624
Don't know much about the W&S 600 Joe, but it looks an awful lot like the other Turkish imports that folks like Mossberg (SA-20) and Weatherby stamp their name on. I know from the SA-20 sub-forum that they are not without their issues. Seems like the biggest disadvantage is the lack of available replacement parts and aftermarket accessories support...

My thoughts exactly - I am going to pass on the WS - it looked kind of nice with the ghost rings and tactical look but if it’s gonna be a problem its not worth it. I may just opt for the Ruger SR 40 they had for the same money.

As always thanks for the imput!

Hey LES-
I picked up a GSG AK47 - the gun is really well made, I will post a range report when I can get a few minutes to shoot it. Impressed with the quality.

Hey LES here is the AK -

Joe

Attachments

• 20130601_164303.jpg
    20130601_164303.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 541
  • 20130601_164337.jpg
    20130601_164337.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 542
Pretty good - I had some old ammo and mix it with some new. The old stuff seemed to have a few hicups but the new stuff cycled fine. I will stick to new. I found a side mount for a scope on ebay so i scooped it up. Gonna put a red dot soon.

Nice!

Lemme know if there are any other accessories you're lookin for. I've got a drawer full of AK mounts and furniture that I don't use anymore. Does it accept most standard AK furniture and accessories?

Back