• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Traditional Bow: Pics and Discussion

Go for it man!

This thing is awesome. I love learning new things, especially when it involves shooting any kind of projectile. Coming from a background of shooting nothing but compound bow this is a new world for me. It's an awesome feeling knowing that you can hit what you're aiming at without sights. I love it!

Looks like you submitted the report by accident. I deleted it, so we should be good to go...

Heres some of my boys and I shooting.

64b9d358.jpg

The bows.
Bows.jpg

Scotty 6 years old, 20LB Bear Recurve.
61992c0a.jpg

29ff7593.jpg

4b67f22d.jpg

Sammy 4 years old 10lb Bear Wizard Bow.
8e4feb7a.jpg

810fce6e.jpg

7fc855dd.jpg

Me and my 50LB Longbow.
24e78522.jpg

78e3eedb.jpg

Me shooting, and Scotty following along in form.
5ef61f9e.jpg

Nice Pics Saltmarsh, good to see the kids carrying on the tradition.

I'll take some better pic's later on and post them up when I do. After all the 500 has a date set with the camera so its not like I wont have the camera out already.

103_0178_zps13faee7c.jpg

The one piece I have no clue what it is, found it at a local sporting goods store for $50. Couldnt see any cracks or anything in the limbs and thought why not. The grip is a little thick imo, I dont enjoy shooting it all that much. The takedown model I got off ebay for $140 shipped, its a 40# Samick Sage and I absolutely love this thing. How much do I love this bow, I shoot at least a dozen arrows almost every day. Ive stood out in the rain, snow and just when the wind is tearing through the my coat. I got this one on the date in the picture(wrong year 2013). I started at 10yds because honestly I had no clue what I was doing and at 20 yards I lost more arrows than I got into the target. Im still learning to shoot this, but Im now back at 20 yards and slowly getting my groups tighter. The only thing about the Sage i wish Id done diffrent is of gone with 50# limbs but 3rivers have them available and fairly cheap.

edit: Forgot to mention I like the recurves enough Im questioning why I even bought a compound.

Very nice. Not sure on the $50 bow. So many manufacturers made similar looking bows it's hard to differentiate without some other clues, though the limb tips look a lot like an old Pearson I have.

If you really want to know there are probably some collectors over at TradGang with bigger knowledge base than I that could probably help id it for you.

Over the years I've shot a wide range of bows. Some very expensive customs and some mass produced cheapies and the conclusion I've come to is that nothing else matters except finding a bow you love to shoot.

The 50 dollar bow looks an awful lot like a Martin X200 by Howatt, these bows originally sold for a little over 200 bucks in the mid 90's. They came in two poundages #50 and #60. It's the spitting image of the one I have...

I got a 40 year old mint conditioned Ben Pearson 45# recurve I'm hunting with on opening day this weekend. I need to finish the bamboo-backed Osage bow I've been dragging my butt on. I'm shooting for 70# on that one.

Blood_Trail said:
I got a 40 year old mint conditioned Ben Pearson 45# recurve I'm hunting with on opening day this weekend. I need to finish the bamboo-backed Osage bow I've been dragging my butt on. I'm shooting for 70# on that one.

I'd love to see some pics!!

I'm still having some issues with my shoulder and have not been able to practice as much as I would like. It's getting better though so maybe in the late season. I'll be starting off with the xbow this year.

Thanks. Nice looking bow and nice group!

Sent from somewhere using Tapatalk2

Back