• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Tragic accidental shooting--3yo kills himself... :(

Bobster

.30-06
Tragic "accidental" shooting--3yo kills himself with dad's gun from the night stand! :( Dad is a prison guard and his pistol safe was malfunctioning or some shit... :rolleyes: This was a farcebuk post I clipped from Volusia Sheriff's Office. If you have FB you can do a search and it will come up.

I'm with the sheriff in that nothing will be more of a penalty than knowing your negligence killed your child.

I AM of the mind that guns in the house shouldn't be a "mystery" after a certain age (around 6yo). Any time the kids were curious and wanted to look at "their" gun, all they had to do was ask. They were also good about being discrete with non-gun family friends and not even mention we had guns in the house. I had guns readily accessible but there was never any unauthorized access because safety was drilled into them.

tragedy.JPG

What a tragic accident. I cannot even imagine what the family members have to go through. My heart goes out to them.

Back