• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Travel: Where have you been; where are you going?

all of my travel except a road trip from Oklahoma to Yellowstone park has been for oil.
And quite honestly, while there are some nice place, most of the world sucks... atleast where Ive been it does...

Made two trips this year, both driving.

First was a driving trip to Wisconsin (from SoCal). Wife and I drove through NV, AZ, UT, CO, NE, IA, then finally to our destination in WI. I even got to say "Howdy" to an Iowa State Trooper that was nice enough to pull me over and inform me I was driving a bit too fast. :oops: Ahem. I was, so it's all good. Trooper was cool and let me off with a warning and a "Enjoy your trip through Iowa" send-off. LOL. The other thing of note was when we were in Glenwood Springs, CO, we accidentally discovered that that is where Doc Holiday is buried. Well, at least that's where his grave marker is. Folks think he was buried in a "Potter's Field" area close-by since he died destitute.

Next rip was another driving trip to visit family in Spokane, WA. Drove CA, NV, AZ, UT, IA, MT, then into Spokane WA. Was NOT stopped this trip by any troopers. :D

We both love driving trips because it allows us to see the ab-so-lute-ly beautiful country that we live in. A lot of folks I know never take the time to see what's in their own backyard.

We're hoping for another trip to WY and Yellowstone soon, hopefully to spend some quality hiking time in the park.

gumbydammit said:
LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Travel light = Travel fast.

I was a Grunt in the 82nd Airborne, our saying was, "Travel light, freeze at night."

I remember that saying, :lol: I too was a Grunt in Division. 3rd Brigade 2 Panther. Camp Mackall's Rhine Luzon was a terrible DZ. Good to see another Paratrooper. HOOAH! I know old post, just doing some searching, and found this. I am traveling now for my new job, week down in Orlando, back here for the weekends. Then I will be doing mobile service for 16 counties in North Florida.

Well there are some really impressive trips posted here so i almost dont dare put mine down!!

Apart from my journey from the UK to here in NS where i now live and work, i make a yearly return to the UK, to the War and Peace miltary vehicle show, www.thewarandpeaceshow.com where i am the main arena commentator, and the show has been on every tv and radio channel in the world, including discovery, the Japanese tv shws cant get enough of it, and the model makers like tamiya etc come to the show to take the pictures sample engine sounds, and get measurements of the real vehicles for their kits,

as well as being commentator do get to play with the toys (real ones) so i get my fill of driving tanks and all manner of heavy metal, i have included a couple of pics of me (of course heheh) crushing a car with a 432 apc, and some other misc pics of the kind of stuff i get to play with, plus one of me in front of my own RC model display, you'll get the idea of the fun to be had, but if you want to see more go to the link on the page or tap in war and peace show on youtube for loads and loads of vids put up by exhibitors and vsitors alike,
DSCF0004.jpg

toys are ME lol!!!
goingairbornecopy.jpg

OOPS sorry!!! shouldnt have parked there!!
newpictures050.jpg

unloading a Super sherman
newpictures052.jpg

unloading a chaffee
hope this is of intrest, sorry it's not more exciting, cheers Dave

I have been to Canada, Italy, Sicily, Spain, France, Germany, Ireland, Panama, Puerto Rico, Egypt, Israel, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Iraq, and Jordan.
I have also been to most of the United States east of the Mississippi, a few states west of it, and Hawaii.
I am currently in Saudi Arabia.
All my foreign traveling has been through the military or contracting. Most of the US travel has been for work too.

So far I've been to Canada (Ontario and Windsor), Germany, France, MI, OH, IL, IN, OH, PA, VA, NJ, MD, MO, SC, DE, AZ, DC and CA. And probably a few more that I've forgotten about.

I made it to Germany and France when my Brother was stationed in Germany several years ago.

I've been skiing and hunting in vacationing in different parts of Ontario.

CA, AZ, MO and SC were all for work, the rest were just visiting friends and or family.

tcecil88 said:
I have been to Canada, Italy, Sicily, Spain, France, Germany, Ireland, Panama, Puerto Rico, Egypt, Israel, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Iraq, and Jordan.
I have also been to most of the United States east of the Mississippi, a few states west of it, and Hawaii.
I am currently in Saudi Arabia.
All my foreign traveling has been through the military or contracting. Most of the US travel has been for work too.
I didn't think these two countries would let you in after you been to the other...

I was in the Navy when I visited Israel, so no passport stamp. Shhh! Don't tell the Saudi's. They would probably deport me!

I've always traveled for business and pleasure - last year I was in New Orleans twice, NYC, Weimar - Leipzig and Berlin Germany then Venice for the Biennale (art exhibition). So far this year has been tame with a trip to Portland and two, yes TWO trips to Peoria IL for a freelance business gig - nice people treated me great, excellent hotel and great dining in that town - an unexpected pleasure! I'll get to my home town in smallsville Ohio on a meandering road trip with my wife this summer to relax and see some of the family and another to the FL panhandle where some more of the clan reside. NYC again too, if I can schedule it - I have friends and family there that keeps costs down with free accommodations! My dad used to live in the Dominican Republic (all over the Caribbean for many years) but, those days may be past unless my brother builds on his land in St. Kitts!.

Back