• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Trigger reset

I have a Silver reserve II. I was cleaning the shotgun and left it apart on my workbench. When I came back to put the shotgun back together, the barrels would not attach. It appears someone pulled the trigger while the gun was apart and now I can't get it back together. Does anyone know how to reset the triggers?

I don't own a silver reserve but was reading about the safety and trigger. I understood when you open that gun it automatically goes to safe. Could it be the safety and barrel selector needs to be moved? Like i said I don't own one, just trying to help out.
I'm sure one of the other silver reserve owners will chime in.

Such a nice shotgun shouldn't (I'm thinking) require such a complicated disassembly/reassembly method, should it?

Or all O/U guns going to do this if the trigger is pulled during disassembly?

Not criticizing the Silver Reserve, just asking if it is like this on other guns.....

It doesn't matter if trigger was pulled or not. What you do is: Ensure the release lever is moved all the way to the right and locked. Then with the forend still removed, lower the barrel assembly into the receiver at about a 45-50 degree angle. Once the lugs make contact with the associated "grooves" on the barrels,,, swing the barrels closed. Now attach the forend and you're good to go.
A common mistake I believe, is to not have the release lever locked to the right. This leaves the locking bar extended and does not allow the action to close.
Hope this helps.

Back