• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Trigger Safety - out of the box

mikes_18

Copper BB
I just picked up an MC2C and haven't had an opportunity to clean it yet, but I'm getting a lot of resistence getting the trigger to get to the wall. I'm hoping: 1) I just haven't determined the right finger placement/angle to clear the trigger safety, 2) cleaning it will help make things smoother, and 3) getting some rounds through the gun will make things smoother.

Anyone else find that they have to be very specific on the trigger otherwise they have trouble with the trigger safety?

thanks - happy to be here and have this in hand. (#89033 16rd, OR, NS)

Welcome. I do not own one of the Mossy pistols but I would certainly start with a complete disassembly, inspection, cleaning and lube. There are probably lots of videos on YouTube.

Last edited:
So just to follow up - I shot about 100 through it for it's first outings. I think it was an issue of me coming at the trigger from a slight angle and not getting the safety on the trigger cleanly. As most have seen better trigger over time, I'll run 500 through and see. Maybe do te McCarbo spring kit and do a little polishing in the process.

Any further info? I have the MC2SC and having same issue. Very difficult to pull trigger if finger pad is not directly on trigger/trigger blade (scarry if you CC). Wondering if there's an extended blade that can be purchased?

I would say that over half of the new fire arms I have purchased since 2000 contained metal shavings from the factory. These are guns that were properly proof tested and certified at the factory and shipped to me in a brand new box. A couple of them were Mossberg’s.

I’m afraid you’re gonna find this on high production factory made weapons. Also I found that they were very stingy with the lubricant when boxing up a gun. I’ve purchased from several different manufacturers and I never thought that the guns arrived properly lubricated. I bought new shotguns & leverguns that had rust inside the magazine cylinder.

Fortunately no rust in the barrels, but a host of other minor irritations presented themselves over the years.

If new or old, the first thing I do is find out how to take them apart and check everything. It’s often a little tricky, but there are plenty of videos to help you through.

Update: I've shot through about 400 rounds and can't say if i'm getting better at finger placement or the gun is freeing up some but it's a little better. If I hit the trigger safety with the pad of my finger, it's very easy but that puts my finger at an odd angle. I installed the McCarbo spring kit and that lightened it up, but I had 4 light strikes in 200 rounds yesterday so I put back in the Mossberg pin spring. Still a work in progress

Back