• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Trudolph Liberals Ban Legal Handgun Imports

Alberta intervenes in firearms lawsuits​

The Federal Court has granted Alberta’s application to intervene in six lawsuits against federal legislation that bans more than 1,500 models of firearms.

On September 26, 2022, Alberta’s Minister of Justice and Attorney General announced that the province would seek to advance legal arguments in six ongoing lawsuits concerning constitutional and non-constitutional legal issues related to the federal firearms ban.

On January 11, 2023, the Federal Court granted Alberta the ability to intervene on the non-constitutional issues. The Federal government advised the Federal Court they would not oppose Alberta’s application the day their opposition to the intervention was required by the court.

“The federal firearms ban criminalizes hundreds of thousands of law-abiding Canadians who are in possession of firearms that the federal government has arbitrarily banned – simply because the ‘style’ of the firearm was deemed to be aesthetically displeasing by bureaucrats in Public Safety Canada. I am pleased that Alberta has been granted an opportunity to defend the tens of thousands of Albertans who are personally affected by this ban in a court of law.”
Tyler Shandro, Minister of Justice

Provinces have the automatic right to intervene on constitutional matters. On non-constitutional issues, provinces must seek the permission of the court.

The lawsuits raise questions of significant public interest respecting the lawful ownership of firearms in Canada, the proper interpretation of the Criminal Code, and the scope of the regulatory making powers granted to Canada’s Governor in Council. By intervening, Alberta will be able to argue that the federal government’s legislation is an overreach of its jurisdiction and will infringe on the rights of the province’s law-abiding firearms community.

“The federal government’s legislative amendments would result in responsible firearms owners losing their property without improving public safety. I have urged the federal government to reconsider these amendments, and will continue to advocate for laws that protect both public safety and property rights.”
Teri Bryant, chief firearms officer

Alberta will submit its written argument to the federal court in early February. The lawsuits are scheduled to be heard April 11 to 20, 2023.
Quick facts

There are 340,245 possession/acquisition licence holders in Alberta.

Albertans own the second highest number of firearms classified as restricted or prohibited by the federal government.

The federal firearms ban targets an estimated 30,000 firearms for confiscation in Alberta.

There are 127 approved shooting ranges and more than 680 firearms related businesses in Alberta.

On average, an additional 30,000 Albertans complete mandatory firearms safety course training annually, as a first step to obtaining their firearms licence. In 2021, that number jumped to 38,000, indicating a significant upward trend in legal gun ownership in the province.

An intervener participates in a legal proceeding so they can provide useful and unique submissions regarding the determination of legal issues before the courts.

The current judicial reviews include:

Cassandra Parker and K.K.S Tactical Supplies Ltd. V Canada (AG)

Canadian Coalition for Firearms Rights et al. v Canada (AG)

John Hipwell v Canada (AG)

Michael Doherty et al v Canada (AG)

Christine Generoux et al. v Canada (AG)

Jennifer Eichenberg et al v Canada (AG)

Ottawa considered P.E.I. as pilot location for gun buy-back launch before reversing course​

The "PEI" confiscation has been "cancelled" we now know why through an "ATIP"

Last edited:
Who is Spreading Misinformation About Gun Bans?

[video=youtube_share;nepAgu89fn8]

Justin Trudeau & Marco Mendicino consistently claim they aren't banning firearms used for hunting in Canada and that others are spreading misinformation.

UNREAL: Liberals failing Soft-on-Crime policies NOW the fault of provinces territories & police

[video=youtube_share;E3YY8ozvBds]

You can't make this stuff up! Watch as Dane Lloyd calls out the Liberal government for their failure to keep Canadians and law enforcement safe, and for Trudeau's divisive politics with the 'Hunting Gun Ban,' known as Bill C-21.

In response, Minister of Justice, David Lametti, tries to shift blame by throwing the provinces, territories, and even law enforcement under the bus, saying they have a 'part to play' in public safety, suggesting it's an enforcement issue.

Marco Mendicino, in his response, drops his typical use of 'AR-15 style guns' and switches to a new phrase on Bill C-21 "which is to target only those guns which have been used in mass killings."

More on Dane Lloyd:

More on David Lametti:

More on Marco Mendicino:

Are the Liberals really banning hunting rifles?

[video=youtube_share;X_6qdu48Yok]

The Liberal government, supported by the NDP and the Bloc Québécois have already officially banned some rifles and shotguns that have commonly been used for hunting back in May 2020, while the Liberals new bill C-21, will ban many more
How Could C21 Ban All Firearms in Canada?

[video=youtube_share;2F6It1MgC-Y]

The Canadian government, lead by the Liberal party of Canada, have used multiple Orders in Council (OIC) to ban roughly 1.7 Million firearms in Canada so far.

In addition, the NDP and the Bloc Quebecois have supported the Liberals new bill, C-21.

C-21 and its amendments, if passed, could lead to virtually all firearms in Canada being banned.

While this has been labelled misinformation by the Liberals, it's easy to show that this is true.

For more information, visit http://scrapc21.ca #ScrapC21

You Canuckians need to rise up and revolt again the oppressors. Seriously--start blocking roads with trees, downing powerlines to gov't installations, that sort of anarchism... :D 1.7mil firearms "are rookie numbers, you need to pump those numbers up!" ;)

You Canuckians need to rise up and revolt again the oppressors. Seriously--start blocking roads with trees, downing powerlines to gov't installations, that sort of anarchism... :D 1.7mil firearms "are rookie numbers, you need to pump those numbers up!" ;)
That's what it will take, I have neve seen a government in my life time that was waiting a "ADS" from USA for the CAF give it away to another country. It truly needs to be invaded. It is a danger to its citizens & neighbors.

The thing is, almost any normal person could do that job, until you understand the actual job, which is the passing of big money.

For that you need someone who is so corrupt you can be assured they will lie and cheat like the devil for "you", his influential supporters.

This really sucks. I grew up with this Sgt Preston view of Canada and the sarge has turned on us. It's gotta be even worse for Canadians.

Before the great American profit machine went totally gangster it must have felt different.

The thing is, almost any normal person could do that job, until you understand the actual job, which is the passing of big money.

For that you need someone who is so corrupt you can be assured they will lie and cheat like the devil for "you", his influential supporters.

This really sucks. I grew up with this Sgt Preston view of Canada and the sarge has turned on us. It's gotta be even worse for Canadians.

Before the great American profit machine went totally gangster it must have felt different.
Lol, more political Liberal theatre.

BREAKING: Liberals withdraw amendments from Bill C21 that would have banned thousands of rifles and shotguns​

Today in the Standing Committee on Public Safety and National Security (SECU), the Liberal government asked for unanimous consent to withdraw the controversial amendments (G4, G46) from Bill C21.

G4 was the amendment that defined what assault "style" firearms are, even though that's a manufactured term with no real meaning. The amendment equated to a sweeping semi-auto gun ban. Amendment G46 was "the list" - over 300 pages of guns being added to the ban, or previously banned through regulation. They were hoping to codify these long gun bans in legislation, making it very difficult for a future government to reverse.

The shocking withdrawal came after massive push back from the CCFR and our members, hunters, hunting groups and their members, The Assembly of First Nations, sport shooters and even NDP and Liberal Members of Parliament. While the House of Commons is typically quiet over the winter break with MPs heading back to their constituency offices for local matters, MPs from all parties seemed to keep the debate on these amendments alive.

While this is, in general, good news for licensed gun owners across the country - this is not a win in the sense of the battle being over. In fact, far from it. It is imperative we continue to push with the same vigour and force to ensure C21 is scrapped in its entirety. Don't forget there is still the airsoft ban, the handgun freeze and a variety of other measures still within C21 itself.

While we regroup and focus our efforts on scrapping the rest of C21 and working on our federal court challenge against the 2020 gun ban, we want to thank everyone who helped write letters to their MPs, engaged on social media and helped fight this amendment. We MUST maintain this level of unity because they will never stop banning guns from legal owners.

Watch the motion in SECU here

So is this "GOOD" news
So is this "GOOD" news?
Somewhat for now although I would not value anything the liberal government says as they will try & pass it some other way, perhaps in another Order in Council (Executive Order). The Handguns & MSR 15/10 are still banned(OIC/C-21) with no resolution on that or talk of a Buy back "lol" the whole "OIC/C-21" needs to be scrapped, its a nothing burger. It will only serve as a wedge issue again for the next election "perhaps this spring" Its unfortunate that we have "Jagmeet Singh" propping up the liberal minority government & refuses to call a " non confidence" vote against the Trudeau liberals. An election is needed, if this passes & enshrines into law then it will be another trucker convoy that is needed. Honk! Honk!

Good news indeed but yeah far from over.

Just my opinion, but Mr. Poilievre better not waste anymore time and get about the business of coming up with and announcing what he intends to do on the firearms file or the Cons are going to risk losing votes to Max and the PPC again (if there's an election called soon). He cannot make a career nor a majority government out of attempting to humiliate the Turd. These people have no shame and they don't care that he or we don't agree with them or their idiotic policies.

There are several key issues that he needs to get in front of quick (healthcare being a big one, online/streaming content, etc ...read freedom of expression, etc, M.A.I.D. is another that turns my stomach) and build some momentum for a potential election push. Unfortunately, outside of gun owners there are very few people in this country who give a crap about guns and even fewer who seem to understand what this type of restrictive and suffocating legislation could lead to.

Trudeau is leading this country down a very dark path and it needs to stop and stop soon.

Trudeau is leading this country down a very dark path and it needs to stop and stop soon.

Are the TV and cable broadcasters complicit in their support of the Turd? I listened to a CBC broadcast on NPR (I forget the program) that was about as progressive that I could stand--something about LGBT-its in school or something. This was several months ago and I don't make it a habit to listen to NPR at all, anymore--I must have been bored. :rolleyes:

I used to be an avid listener of NPR, especially when they were just classical music with news on the hour. I even supported them during pledge drives! :eek: But the local channel went to the propaganda ("news") format 10 years ago and shifted the classical onto a digital band needing a digital radio to listen to it (or computer for streaming). The news channel was OK at first but got progressively more progressive until I was unable to listen to it. I have no problem defunding National Public Radio now...

Oh yeah 98% of the news media up here are lefties. No doubt about that. The CBC being a government (state) broadcaster is basically Turdeau's personal propaganda machine. I find myself unable to handle most of the content on CBC radio (Radio Canada)...it is all just too woke and precious for me. Does my head in. I'd much rather drive in silence than listen to that progressive and downright immoral claptrap being foisted off on us as the ONLY way forward for society.

Mr. Poilievre has said if elected PM he will defund the CBC which I think will meet with a lot of pushback. But, I fully support doing so. The CBC needs to go or at the very least requires a major restructuring and culling of the herd. No democratic government NEEDS its own media corporation. CBC Radio is about all that is available to the most rural and northern places...if they get any radio at all. If they don't have a satellite connection they're pretty much in the dark 24/7.

Most media outlets and journalists with a very few exceptions are in on the progressive, woke culture war. There are only the rarest moments when you hear or see an MSM host or interviewer actually ask a really tough question or two of a Trudeau Liberal minister or one of the many lefty organizations and supporters at large. Most interviews are filled with softball questions and more about spreading the "word" than dissecting the value or the morality or getting to the truth of a matter.

I hear more regurgitation of government talking points than I have ever cared to and since the pandemic broke it's easily 100% worse than it was in 2019.

I will say this...there are cracks showing in the lefty-wokeist facade but they are ruthless in manipulating the narrative through the media and are still very successful in shutting down dissent and any chance of civil discourse through fear of being cancelled and publicly shamed.

In California there is still a TV publicity program funded by the state to promote vaccinating young children. This is in spite of the fact that they’ve already announced that it’s not only not necessary but has proved to be dangerous.

And the really crummy thing is that it’s not aimed at the parents at all, but it’s like Sesame Street shit and it’s aimed at the children. These are the same people that would puke up their guts if they found out you were advertising cigarettes to children.

In California there is still a TV publicity program funded by the state to promote vaccinating young children. This is in spite of the fact that they’ve already announced that it’s not only not necessary but has proved to be dangerous.

And the really crummy thing is that it’s not aimed at the parents at all, but it’s like Sesame Street shit and it’s aimed at the children. These are the same people that would puke up their guts if they found out you were advertising cigarettes to children.
Yeah that kind of sh*t is insidious and totally under-handed. Ruthless...as I said. We've got the drag queens reading to kids in libraries events happening here...its a flash point for sure. But, the naysayers are just shouted down and shut down as bigots and homophobes. My Dad called it years ago, he said that attempting to normalize perversion (which has been happening in earnest for many decades now) will lead to the same attempting to normalize the sexual exploitation and abuse of children. And, I think we are right on the cusp of that happening. So, often it happens that way in this world...man does know what's good for him and yet forges ahead not knowing or maybe not even caring what the consequences of his actions might be.

Relax...it's just guys in women's clothes reading books to kids in public. What's wrong with that?

It is a sad and sorry time for all of us.

This is the Canada Trudeau and all his ilk want. This is the world they want to shape.

No thanks.......................

Relax...it's just guys in women's clothes reading books to kids in public. What's wrong with that?
I remember when this would be done as a "gag". Cross-dressers in gowns, wigs and lipstick putting on a show. There were no bulging crotches in fishnets. :rolleyes: It was not my style but my mom did some seamstress work for the theater and performers so I was certainly OK with mom being a capitalist.

I would be lying if I said I never wore lady's underwear because I have :eek: --but only in front of the owner of the underwear and it was a VERY tight fit! :D

Back