• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Turkey Hunting And Your Mossberg...

i just tuck my self in side the tree line tht looks shady and dark and get low.last year was my first year turkey hunting,i used a HS little strut box call no caulk needed,the first day at sunrise i called 3 big toms,got one 18 pounder w/8inch beard,the next weekend after about 3hrs i called in a 18pound,10inch beard.i got that one on video,maybe i can down load it if i can figure it out,ohh yeah i use a 3 1/2shell w/#4 shot.

i bought 3 of the mouth calls.
don't like em...
makes me gag....

side question:
anyone know of a good video i can watch that you yourself practice, of cleaning a turkey? do you just breast it? or do you use the whole thing? some vids i found are pretty much 50/50 they do and don't.
if you do use the whole thing i'd like to know how you cook em up? (salt water?) and thank you.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhlVmE6duiQ&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huM-voGGbMc&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2XS6EOCtVg&feature=related[/youtube]

Today two different turkey chokes arrived to test out for this upcoming season.

TruGlo Strut Stopper Extreme Turkey Choke .643
p256303643-4.jpg

p27443084-4.jpg

p210150423-4.jpg

p44554560-4.jpg

p501679580-4.jpg

Trulock Precision Hunter Turkey Choke .665
p140252100-4.jpg

p669840815-4.jpg

p1042943681-4.jpg

p558408798-4.jpg

p796484405-4.jpg

How many others will be hunting with a 28in barrel this turkey season?

This is my 28" turkey gun. I picked it up used for $160!
I really love 500's this is my second one.

DSCN3003-1.jpg

I added the red dot GobbleStopper.

DSCN3005.jpg

the strut stopper. i was going to get that same exact one from cabela's , but they were sold out. let me know how it is.

just got in. i was out at 4am. i heard 3 toms, and saw one. a big one. however he didn't want to come closer to me for some reason. maybe it's because i did not have a decoy? then he got spooked by a dog bark in the distance. darn derty dog. anyhow, i'll be getting a cheap decoy for now, then goin back out tomorrow. still need to check on my sight adjustment. i put lock-tite on the loose screw. and seems to be holding. i should know for sure once i fire a few rounds again.

gobble gobble.

sights still on target. thank god, i only had to shoot 3 rounds to check. wooo.

Thanks Rossignol!

For those that may not realize mounting a fan is REAL EZ check out this video

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqIJdCOwxno&feature=related[/youtube]

DHonovich said:
How many others will be hunting with a 28in barrel this turkey season?
i did last season,killed a bird at 20yards ,and another at 40 yards with mossberg full choke,it held a good group.this year im using a 22?turkey barrel with xx-full choke,the only reason im not using the 28"barrel is because i bought the turkey barrel for $50 with the choke.

well the wife said she didn't want a tail in the house...so i told her i'd put it in my workshop...

pshaw...women.

ripjack13 said:
well the wife said she didn't want a tail in the house...so i told her i'd put it in my workshop...

pshaw...women.

lol! I know man! I tried to put quail wings in the house and Jenny emphatically said NO!!! So theyre in my shop...

i went out today with 2 old timers. and one of them got this 16lb jake...he was headed towards me, but went towards the other guy at the last minute. and he nabbed him.

gajKq.jpg

oh well...maybe when i go back out this weekend there will some more. after about and hour break for some coffee at D&D they didn't even return our calls.

I spent two days hunting this weekend with no luck. On Sunday we had some calling back to us but they wouldn't come close enough to shoot. Today we didn't even hear one call back to us.

Attachments

• 221030_646644202836_16501575_35347499_7393669_o.jpg
    221030_646644202836_16501575_35347499_7393669_o.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 169
well went out hunting this morning,in the first 15 min i had 2 jakes in my sights,i passes them up,then drove around to bunch of spots and gobbled but we only heard one more and it decided to come out in front of my friends truck parked across the field and was never seen again.usually we see flocks of atleast 12 or more every where.maybe theyre held up with the hens.

Back