• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Turkey loads for the 935

Bostoned

.22LR
Has anyone found any loads that perform really well out of the 935? I was just using some Remington loads I found at my local Dick's sporting goods last year. This year I'd like to look into different options.

Not for the 935 specifically but the Winchester Super-X copper plated 3" #5's have worked well from my guns. The Federal Flite Control magnum turkey loads (3" #5's) have also patterned well for me

Thanks. I read some place else about those federal rounds with the flight control wads. I will have to take a look at them.

I've also seen rounds for turkey that are loaded with multiple size shot. I forget who makes them. I will try to find them and update. But they piqued my interest.

Take a look at this stuff DEFINATELY worth a look!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5SWoT3h63A[/youtube]

Interesting......turkey seasons almost here. Federal doesn't impress me.

As one of my favorite television hunters "The Pig Man" says HORNADY, WHHAAAAAM!

Hevi-shot has a load that has 5-6-7 shot loaded into the same shell specifically for turkey. I am going to try these out this year I think. Or maybe the federals with the flight control wad.

I have a 935 with a Primos Jellyhead choke @ 695 constriction. I shot several loads through it and the best I got was with a 3.5 inch #4, 2 1/4 oz Winchester XX Supreme (lead). It was very nasty at 35 yards. 78 pellets in the head area. That many #4 shot is devestating.

Back